Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is 'at fault'

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was recently away from home for a few days, during which time my mobile bill was due.   Having recently changed banks I had not had time to set up Direct Debit payments.    On the date my payment was due, I logged into my O2 Accounts and made the required payments which were accepted and 'verified by Visa'.

However, I started receiving messages on my 'phones that I had not paid my bills, and, eventually they cut off my services.    Each time I tried to make a call I was just diverted to an automated payment service so could not speak to anyone at O2 to find out what had happened.

During my trip I had no access to the internet so was feeling very cut off.  

Upon my return home I had received 2 e-mails from O2 stating that my payments were not taken as something had 'gone wrong' at my bank and I was told to use an alternative method to pay, and get service restored.

I had managed to make a payment on one of the phones, duplicating my payment, as I assumed.

I visited my bank today, and they investigated there and then as there was nothing on the system as to why the payments were not made, but, after a further telephone call, it was found that the reason the payments were not further authorised because the security code numbers had been incorrectly input by O2 when finally trying to take the payment.    They suggested that O2 telephone the bank for confirmation that they were at fault and not me.

Now, I am a pensioner on State Benefits and cannot now pay my other bill until next Monday (pay day).   Assuming my payment had been taken from my bank account, I used the money as shown available in my account whist away from home.

So, I have suffered a curtailment of my services due to no fault of my own?   O2 chat are telling me the only way to get my service back on is to pay the bill.   So, who has broken their Contract me or o2?   I will also have a late/missed payment registered on my Credit File!

Message 1 of 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Reading the above, so will make this the final post - Account was terminated today. No response from anyone. Will seek help elsewhere - many thanks from those who have tried to help.

View solution in original post

Message 112 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I sympathise with the situation but it is your responsibility to ensure direct debits are set up to make payment as per o2's T&C.

You must have wondered why this other money was left in your account.

Circumvent live chat and ring O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to sort this out.
Message 2 of 114

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Likewise I would have assumed the payment had gone through OK.
Call 202 and see if you can get a sympathetic adviser to help you sort it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 114

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I 'assumed' the payment had gone through - I did not have access to my bank account either, so used balances as displayed on ATM, the amount is only £17 so really would not have noticed or suspected I had 'too much in the account',  ATM's only show the balance as at that time, and not individual amounts.

Message 4 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok fair enough.

I'm sure Customer Services can re set up the Direct Debit and sort out the situation. Landline numbers are in my link if you can't use a mobile with a working O2 SIM card in it.

Good luck
Message 5 of 114

amici-pat
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Also, I had set up Direct Debits, but was too late to have the December payment included, why do people always assume the customer is at fault?

Message 6 of 114

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@amici-pat wrote:

why do people always assume the customer is at fault?

I didn't assume it was your fault at all......

The problem you have though is convincing O2 CS not me wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @amici-pat 

I am so sorry to hear of this horrendous experience. As suggested please ring Customer Services on 202.

I hope you get a sympathetic advisor who will help. You appear to have done everything you should and it certainly seems to be O2 who are at fault. Best of luck with this. Its the last thing you need at Christmas wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 114

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Without knowing the full extent of the problem it is difficult to advise but as said, call 202 and I'm sure they will sort it out for you. When things go wrong it seems to take an age to sort out. Good luck.
Message 9 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I comment on the rest, for how long have you had this contract and is it the first time you have missed a payment? 

Message 10 of 114