Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is 'at fault'

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was recently away from home for a few days, during which time my mobile bill was due.   Having recently changed banks I had not had time to set up Direct Debit payments.    On the date my payment was due, I logged into my O2 Accounts and made the required payments which were accepted and 'verified by Visa'.

However, I started receiving messages on my 'phones that I had not paid my bills, and, eventually they cut off my services.    Each time I tried to make a call I was just diverted to an automated payment service so could not speak to anyone at O2 to find out what had happened.

During my trip I had no access to the internet so was feeling very cut off.  

Upon my return home I had received 2 e-mails from O2 stating that my payments were not taken as something had 'gone wrong' at my bank and I was told to use an alternative method to pay, and get service restored.

I had managed to make a payment on one of the phones, duplicating my payment, as I assumed.

I visited my bank today, and they investigated there and then as there was nothing on the system as to why the payments were not made, but, after a further telephone call, it was found that the reason the payments were not further authorised because the security code numbers had been incorrectly input by O2 when finally trying to take the payment.    They suggested that O2 telephone the bank for confirmation that they were at fault and not me.

Now, I am a pensioner on State Benefits and cannot now pay my other bill until next Monday (pay day).   Assuming my payment had been taken from my bank account, I used the money as shown available in my account whist away from home.

So, I have suffered a curtailment of my services due to no fault of my own?   O2 chat are telling me the only way to get my service back on is to pay the bill.   So, who has broken their Contract me or o2?   I will also have a late/missed payment registered on my Credit File!

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amici-pat wrote:

I  it was found that the reason the payments were not further authorised because the security code numbers had been incorrectly input by O2 when finally trying to take the payment They suggested that O2 telephone the bank for confirmation that they were at fault and not me.

hi amici-pat I'm sorry about the situation you find yourself in - it is a pet hate of mine that people who input data specifically eg telephone numbers/account numbers & other important info do not check their input

I have made mention of this on a recent post on O2C in my case I was to do with a young receptionist at my local medical centre transposing 2 figures on my telephone number & I was left hanging on very poorly when I could have been receiving treatment

back to your post - the people above have given you good advice - ring customer services & I wish you good luck

Message 11 of 114

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, and thank you for your replies.

To answer questions, I have been with O2 since my phone was a 'brick'!.   I have 3 contracts at present, and all are and have been in good order and paid regularly by Direct Debit.   I doubt I would have 3 contracts if not.

This particular Contract is less than 1 year old.    I recently changed banks and had the usual hassle of setting up new DDs.   This was done in this case, but as often the case, the new DD could not commence until January 2015 and so I was asked to pay online.    No breaking of O2's Terms and Conditions as previously suggested.

The amount now 'in arrears' and thus causing loss of service is just over £17, not a huge amount.   I am a state pensioner and budget very carefully.   Whilst away with no internet connection, and of course no mobile phone either, I was unable to confirm that the account had been paid, and whilst I would normally notice if an amount had not left my account, again as suggested, I was not in a position to do so, and being this 'time of year' pretty much spent up what I had available, thus leaving me in the position I now find myself, unable to pay until next pension payment day (Tusday 30th )    Having 3 daughters, 12 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren and no mobile phone service at this time of year is heartbreaking.    Trying to use 202 is proving impossible as my phone will not allow me to do so, and I do not have outgoing call facility on my landline (out of choice - didn't think I needed it!).    I am disabled so do not get out much and where I live I doubt they know what 'free Wi-fi or internet cafe mean!!).   Very rural.    I am not 'tech savvy' so do not even understand 'skype' so I am left with waiting for people to contact me, or e-mail.

I have e-mailed customer support at o2 who have replied they will respond within 7 days!

So, I guess that is it.   Many thanks again for your responses - have a happy Christmas.

Message 12 of 114

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I'm flagging Marina in on this to see if there is something she can do to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 114

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
PS. As a footnote to O2. It would be useful if a customer could still call 202 (it is free after all) even if they are disconnected, for whatever reason, as it would make resolution so much easier.....
Just a small idea that would improve CS immensely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for flagging MI5, @amici-pat I've just sent you a PM wink
Message 15 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thank goodness for this. I have to say on a personal note I found this thread quite distressing on behalf of the OP. I said yesterday she appears to have done nothing wrong yet is being penalised by O2.

I hope this can be sorted without further delay for the OP. Thanks for flagging @MI5 I took similar action last night (via PM) so I am glad to see some action is being taken wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
PS. As a footnote to O2. It would be useful if a customer could still call 202 (it is free after all) even if they are disconnected, for whatever reason, as it would make resolution so much easier.....

I also support this totally...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 114

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Technically, is that actual possible ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 114

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I don't see why not...?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well they used to do the 'lend us a quid' scheme...(when you had no credit and couldn't call)...Not sure if they still do.....Slightly different but still allowed connection

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 114