Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with o2 account

Niamhc1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else having a problem with their O2 account where it simply won't let them pay their bill? I've tried using the O2 app, phoning them, and going to the shop, but I still can't pay my bill due to an error and they seem to refuse to do anything. They keep saying they're going to look into it, but nothing happens. It's been over 3 months, and they keep charging late fees when it's not my fault. I've emailed the complaint service, but it's been over a month, and I haven't received a response.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35952 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@Niamhc1 - log into your MyO2 using a browser (the app sometimes shows different prompts):

pgn_0-1710061845709.png

App allows you to Manage Cards for Payments also:

1000014946.png

Down at the very end of the page you log into on the app. Good luck!

Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Niamhc1 

You can pay by bank transfer or setup a direct debit.

All details in guide Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Niamhc1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Doesnt work and i cant add card ethier can o2 

Message 4 of 16

Niamhc1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screenshot_20240310_113848_My O2.jpg

When i go to pay bill this is all i get and o2 when i ring them also get this error my account is stuck in limbo 

Message 5 of 16

Niamhc1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont want to send a bank transfer because i would be scared of losing money since even the payment team cannot take the money because they get error 

Message 6 of 16

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Niamhc1 

If you pay by bank transfer, your bank records who the money has been sent to and under what reference. I accept that if O2 "lose" the payment it might be a pain to resolve, but I do not think that you are in danger of losing the money forever. 👍

Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

If you don't want to transfer the money at least setup a direct debit @Niamhc1 

You won't have to worry about paying then as it will be done automatically for you and as you need to pay anyway, there's no reason not to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Niamhc1 

That error is what is known as the encryption broker service not responding on the mobile device.. and it wont be fixed by CS they need to pass it to the backend IT team...

I would try on a proper computer either apple / chromeos or windows via myo2 https://mymobile.o2.co.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 16

Niamhc1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried all multiple devices, nothing works. I have a direct payment set up, but there are still previous payments that aren't paid that can't be paid with direct debit. As for the O2 it people, they've been looking into it for three months, and nothing has changed. I 100% wont be upgrading with them again as its there problem but expect me to pay when i cant

Message 10 of 16