Did you mean: 

Voicemail stopped working

kevans
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

On Friday a voicemail message was left and my iPhone notified me 12 hours later. Now it doesn't work at all. People can't leave a message and it just cuts you off.

I have phone o2 customer service and tried the ##002#. Which didn't solve it.

Also when I dial 1750 it says can't be turned on as they don't have my number.

1760 says can't be turned off at this time.
Both say phone customer service.

I can still dial 901 to access my voicemail and the visual voicemail still works just the answering machine part doesn't. Just beeps and cuts people off.

Customer service said they have filled out a form and sent it to the relevant department to manually reset my voicemail and turn it on. Should take a couple of hours but allow 24h.
I have waited over 24h and it it still doesn't work.
They also said someone will call me at midday to check it's working and they haven't. Phoned up again and now told wait till Monday?

Anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Maybe, it's all a little strange. So the voicemail bolt on is actually a thing?
Message 11 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
VVM for iPhones needs the iData bolt on to work correctly.
If, as you were, on standard data or on an old Blackberry data bolt on, it won't function correctly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 31

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh right. I didn't know that. TBH I didn't even know what visual voicemail was until my voicemail went wrong. I just assumed it was regular voicemail as I never ever dialled 901 for it lol even the customer service was a little confused how 901 and visual voicemail was working but not the actual answerphone part
Message 13 of 31

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The wrong bolt on causes all sorts of strange issues.
The good news is that it's been sorted now slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 31

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes it has. Will still post in a day or two to make sure it's permanently sorted lol
Message 15 of 31

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fingers crossed wink

Currently using:
Message 16 of 31

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@MI5, would the change in bolt-on have been visible in the MyO2 Bolt-ons section, out of interest?

Screenshot_20180520-165951.jpg

Message 17 of 31

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@MI5, would the change in bolt-on have been visible in the MyO2 Bolt-ons section, out of interest?

Screenshot_20180520-165951.jpg

No mate.

Tariff type bolt ons no longer show in MyO2.

They used to years ago but it's something else that was "improved" Astounded

Currently using:
Message 18 of 31

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Like already mentioned no it isn't. My only bolt one is a data bolt on, euro bolt on and a discount airtime bolt on. I didn't even know a voicemail bolt on existed. I just assumed a network answering machine was standard on any contract or pay as you go.
Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevans

Voicemail is stamdard but Apple decided that just wasn't good enough for the iPhone so they added visual voicemail which is supposed to display a list of individual voicemails so that you can access them directly but this requires support to be enabled on the voicemail platform for your mailbox.

Message 20 of 31