Did you mean: 

Voicemail stopped working

kevans
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

On Friday a voicemail message was left and my iPhone notified me 12 hours later. Now it doesn't work at all. People can't leave a message and it just cuts you off.

I have phone o2 customer service and tried the ##002#. Which didn't solve it.

Also when I dial 1750 it says can't be turned on as they don't have my number.

1760 says can't be turned off at this time.
Both say phone customer service.

I can still dial 901 to access my voicemail and the visual voicemail still works just the answering machine part doesn't. Just beeps and cuts people off.

Customer service said they have filled out a form and sent it to the relevant department to manually reset my voicemail and turn it on. Should take a couple of hours but allow 24h.
I have waited over 24h and it it still doesn't work.
They also said someone will call me at midday to check it's working and they haven't. Phoned up again and now told wait till Monday?

Anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks
Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It’s definitely an o2 issue.
All customer service need to do is reset your voicemail box.
Call again this afternoon and see if you get someone more helpful.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You could try texting the word STATE to 9011 but otherwise it’s likely that your voicemail just needs resetting which only customer service can do.
Has anything changed recently like a new tariff etc?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @kevans

I think you would be best advised to contact Apple or visit a store for guru help

https://support.apple.com/en-gb

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 31

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
M15 I tried state as well and didn't work. Nothing has changed my end. My new contract has been running since around June and had the same phone number for years. So do I just wait and see if they finally sort it out Monday with it being the weekend and all?

Cleoriff been told it's a service provider issue. Not apple.
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
It’s definitely an o2 issue.
All customer service need to do is reset your voicemail box.
Call again this afternoon and see if you get someone more helpful.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@kevans wrote:
M15 I tried state as well and didn't work. Nothing has changed my end. My new contract has been running since around June and had the same phone number for years. So do I just wait and see if they finally sort it out Monday with it being the weekend and all?

Cleoriff been told it's a service provider issue. Not apple.

Ok @kevans Best of luck getting it sorted slight_smile

I just hope you don't get caught in the loop of O2 saying its Apples faults and vice versa...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 31

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
A little update. O2 have done something but it hasn't worked. My voicemail is working but all my calls are being forwarded to a random number ending in 901 so I can only assume they are forwarding all my calls to voicemail. I turned that off so I can actually receive calls and back to the same issue
Message 7 of 31

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Call them back again Rolleys

Currently using:
Message 8 of 31

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Luckily cleoriff o2 have never mentioned it's a iPhone issue and have accepted its their issue.

MI5, rang them again. Nice lady but new and was on the phone for 30mins with her then got cut off so rang back again.

This bit I found a little odd. The guy I spoke to said I had a android bolt on on my account rather than an iPhone bolt on for voicemail? ( never owned an android phone and never heard of this bolt on) anyway either it's coincidence or he fixed it but it seems to be working as normal again. Will post again in a day or so to let you know if my voicemail carries on working. Weird it's been working all this time and suddenly stops one day with no changes made

Thanks guys
Message 9 of 31

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
That's why I asked if anything had changed recently as that is a common cause for some issues.
Somehow and for some reason your account was changed, maybe an error by another agent thinking they were changing someone else's account?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 31