Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were have the voice mail numbers gone

Voicemailnumber
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i have recently upgraded my sim only contract but since doing so i can no longer see the numbers that was in voice mail anymore anyone know why or how toget that back on so you can actually see who has left a message?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is this an iPhone?
If so, you may need to call customer service to check they have you on the correct data tariff.
You need data for iPhone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is this an iPhone?
If so, you may need to call customer service to check they have you on the correct data tariff.
You need data for iPhone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Voicemailnumber Did you back everything up before you transferred to the new phone?

If not they are probably lost now.

A guide on Voicemail here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Voicemailnumber
  • 12 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I still have same phone (iphone) same sim and number all i did was upgrade my sim tariff
Message 4 of 11

Voicemailnumber
  • 12 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I still have same phone (iphone) same sim and number all i did was upgrade my sim tariff. I allways used yo check voicemal in the calls section i never used 901 now all it says in call section is call voicemail thats it no numbers in there yet everything else on phone untouched? Even new voice messsges now the numbers not on show just that message and yes i still have old voice message on there aswell
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call customer service on 202 and check your data tariff as mentioned above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Voicemailnumber wrote:
I still have same phone (iphone) same sim and number all i did was upgrade my sim tariff. I allways used yo check voicemal in the calls section i never used 901 now all it says in call section is call voicemail thats it no numbers in there yet everything else on phone untouched? Even new voice messsges now the numbers not on show just that message and yes i still have old voice message on there aswell

ok @Voicemailnumber I didn't realise that...then follow the advice above from @MI5

Hope you get it sorted asap...and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simply upgrading your tariff means that the numpties in customer service will stick you on the incorrect data bolt on. iPhones automatically revert to the standard bolt on which is Blackberry or Android. This invariably happens every time so yes, call and check you have the correct idata bolt on.

Message 8 of 11

Voicemailnumber
  • 12 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We all it is now sorted and lets say it took longer to sort it that it did to change sim tariff over i manged to fo the famous 3 s’s while waiting and answering question after question (which took 16 minutes before he even started on my problem)
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad you got sorted slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11