cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm considering upgrading from my current contract. It expires on 15th November this year and I have the option of paying a little under £50 to upgrade now, including a 25% discount off the remaining contract. Does this mean that until 15th November, I will continue to pay 75% of my current contract as well as the new contract I wish to start?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not quite. You pay the £50 straight away to complete the upgrade, then you start a new 2 year contract straight away and just continue to pay the new monthly amount.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not quite. You pay the £50 straight away to complete the upgrade, then you start a new 2 year contract straight away and just continue to pay the new monthly amount.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

If you can make it to an O2 shop I'd suggest upgrading in store and having a good play with the demo models of the handsets your interested in.

This means you know the phone and actually walk out with it instead of having to wait for delivery and you get to check on the finer points if the contract t&c
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

As bandofbrothers said it's probably best to go in store, with a speed to refresh upgrade there are also a few extra terms attached in that you are able to change your mind on the handset but you can't outright cancel the upgrade; the upgrade payment isn't refundable

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help! I'll have a look in store when I can slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Enjoy the experience.

slight_smile

Any particular phone caught your eye Luke ?
Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us all know how you get on Luke slight_smile

Welcome to the forum!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7