Did you mean: 

Upgrading help!

Stephen2898
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey everyone!
I took out a new refresh contract on the 19th August but now I have seen the new iPhones I am wanting to pay off my device plan and upgrade on friday which I am happy with doing but whenever I go into the app and select the option to upgrade early and pay off my device plan it only gives me the option to upgrade to a sim only plan which I thought was strange. Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait before upgrading after taking out a contract? I have tried asking the live chat but they were unable to answer my question
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
You should be able to upgrade on refresh whenever you want, but you won't be able to upgrade to the new iPhone until they get released for pre-order on Friday at 1pm.

You could if you want to make it easier call 202 and pay off your device plan now so you're ready to upgrade on Friday rather than trying to go through the process of upgrading and paying off at the same time
Message 2 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I go through the process of paying off my device plan on the app or on the website it only shows the option to upgrade to a sim only and not a device regardless of which phone I am going for
Message 3 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
As mentioned already, you won't be able to choose the new iPhone yet.
If you are having problems on the app/website then either call customer services on 202 or visit your local o2 store.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions
@Stephen2898 As suggested above by @PhoneChanger, call customer service on 202 from your phone. It's a free call and you're much more likely to get the result you want by speaking to someone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Stephen2898 

There are usually 2 tabs on the upgrade page, one for devices and another for simo plans, however, you can upgrade to a simo plan today to clear your device plan, then upgrade that when pre orders go live on Friday. There is no minimum time you have to be on a simo if you are going to upgrade to refresh with a device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey guys just a quick update on this!

So I called went into a store in belfast and they have tried to go into my Refresh account and upgrade it but it's not letting them either and they have said that they have never seen this issue before on an account they called their retail support who suggested it was because it was a brand new refresh account taken out on the 18th August you can't upgrade for 6 months which was untrue and only told to get them off the phone, so the store suggested I make a complaint to get this looked into so I am still unable to order my iPhone 😡 and I have emailed the complaint review service email twice and have not gotten any automatic replies so I am assuming the complaint has not been received anybody know anyone higher up this could be escalated to?
Message 7 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Our community managers can help but only if you haven't made a complaint.

With luck, your complaint won't have been received and @EmilieT may be able to help you on Monday.

@Marjo or @Martin-O2 if Emilie isn't around.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 18

Stephen2898
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for tagging them!
I'm not sure the complaint has been received as the last time I complaint I instantly got an automatic reply this time nothing
It's just very frustrating that the whole O2 refresh advertising campaign is that you can upgrade anytime which is clearly not the case on my account
Message 9 of 18

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5 thumbsup

@Stephen2898 I'm really sorry to hear you're having some issues upgrading. If you'd like I can get someone on my end to check whether the complaint is in progress, or in case it hasn't been received if they could help you get this sorted out slight_smile I'll send you a Private Message to get a few more details now!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 18