cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded plan to work internationally, phone does not work after arriving in the new country

Adam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last week I updated my phone plan to include international coverage for when I traveled back to the US for the holidays.  When I arrived in the US, I recived a text from O2 saying that I am covered via roaming and get 120 texts and 120 minutes a day and unlimited data. Great, this is exaclty what I need.  However, even after turning on roaming on my phone, I still am unable to make calls or use data.  I am only able to use my phone with wifi at the moment.  I have tried restarting my phone multiple times hoping it would help but it did not.  I do not know how to use my phone based on the plan I bought for the purpose of traveling.  I have an iphone SE.  Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Try a manual network selection

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201643

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to ensure you are connected to AT&T or T-Mobile.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Could be an international block been on and I think you need to change the setting on iPhone
Message 4 of 5

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I have had a similar situation in the past and it turned out that customer services had not removed all of the intertnational bars on my account. Maybe worth a call or online chat with C.S

Message 5 of 5