Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

lxiwbhxuneoxub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have attempted to upgrade my phone today using the O2 app. This was completed and I had the contract documents through. I selected a store for collection that was an hour’s drive away because that was available for collection today (it was 10am at this point) as I am working the rest of the week and paid nearly £200 to end my existing device plan early. 

I then drove to the store for them to have no record of the order and when I asked if there was anyway of escalating this, they said no and shrugged me off saying that there was nothing they could do to help.  I have spent two hours on the phone to O2 and this has still not been resolved.

I have been a customer with O2 for probably at least ten years and have phones for both myself and my children through you, and as it currently stands towards the end of the day, I am £200 down having paid that to O2, have driven an hour there and back to a store who couldn’t care less and have been back and forth with phone calls to your call centre where after an hour I’m either getting cut off while on hold or still getting passed to someone who “will be able to help” but actually cannot.

The customer service and general operational logistics displayed by O2 has been nothing short of disgusting, if not borderline fraudulent, and as a result I have wasted a rare day off trying to upgrade my phone (something that has taken no more than an hour in the past), had to cancel plans I had made for today and have had £200 disappear into the ether.

I would like to know where we are going from here because nobody in the store can help, nobody over the phone seems to be able to help and your online chat facility is completely useless.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@lxiwbhxuneoxub 

Understand the frustration and it's fairly typical of O2 these days, however, you haven't lost £200 as the old phone is now yours to sell if you wish and you are free to take your business elsewhere.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

lxiwbhxuneoxub
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem I have is O2 have no record of this, my account as still showing as unsettled to the amount I paid this morning, even though it has left my bank!!

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@lxiwbhxuneoxub 

It takes at least 24 hours to update and more than likely 48 hours.

Depends on how fast the hamster runs around his wheel wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10626 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@lxiwbhxuneoxub 

It clearly states when doing a click and collect to wait for a text from the store to say its ready to be collected, you jumped the gun by going to store before this.. 

The store need to wait for it all to go through, and then they get a notification to go pick it from the storeroom, hopefully before someone buys it (had this happen to me).

From experience expect to pick it up after the lunchtime rush... 

And sorry but not the stores fault, that you didn't follow the instructions...  and be glad the store you went to doesn't have a virtual queue....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5