Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade delivery texts

LisaB89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just upgraded my son’s pay monthly sim (all in my name). It stated they would text, when the device has been sent, with updates. Will they text my phone number as that’s the number they have for the account holder? Or will they text the number that I’ve just upgraded? I don’t want my son to know about the upgrade yet that’s all. Thank you.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LisaB89 

Unfortunately it's to the number being upgraded.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LisaB89 

Unfortunately it's to the number being upgraded.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

LisaB89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ahh, that’s annoying. I want to pop it away for his birthday. Thought I’d upgrade whilst the Black Friday deals are on.
Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LisaB89 

Just make up an excuse about O2 making some changes to tariffs wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @LisaB89 , just came across your topic here and just wanted to wish your son a happy Birthday and hope he likes his upgrade when he gets it. slight_smile

Let us know if you need any additional information or advice anytime on upgrading or anything else.

Message 5 of 5