Did you mean: 

Dodgy text?

HannahScott
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have just finished upgrading my phone - did everything online. As soon as I got the confirmation screen on my computer that the payment etc had been made, I received a text message from 8101921 claiming to be O2 and saying the following: 'For your new O2 Refresh phone plan, we need yout to read and agree to this phone plan credit agreement: [it then gave me a link] Then the phone's all yours. Thanks'. Is this genuine as I thought I had already agreed to the terms of the credit agreement?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@HannahScott 

You need to click on the credit agreement links. This will prove to O2 that you have 'virtually'read and agreed terms and conditions.

If you didn't do this, it would be a text to remind you to do it.

If you are concerned, then call O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@HannahScott 

I'd just open the links in the emails sent to you by O2 hich will be enough to confirm your acceptance.

We'd never advise following links from unknown text messages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

HannahScott
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I have received everything by email so will just use those documents instead. Cheers.
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @HannahScott@MI5 , @Cleoriff just came across this topic here and have double checked about that number where the SMS came from just in case - it seems to be a legit O2 number so genuine and not a scam. slight_smile 

Hope everything's going well otherwise with your upgrade. Pop back into the community anytime if you have any further questions.

Message 5 of 5