Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade - Sim Swap Problem

AJMacKay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received my upgrade phone from Mobile Phones Direct yesterday. Followed the directions on the new sim rather than the instructions from MPD - which means that I did a sim-swap rather than waiting for the service to come on-line by itself. This appears to have swapped my current contract onto the new sim, which isn't what I wanted.

Contacted o2 via chat - who advised me that I need to get the mobile number for my new sim so that they can swap everything for me. Is this right? I gave them the Sim number, but still told that they need the mobile number.

Can anyone advise, or has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AJMacKay 

Yes, O2 can give you a new SIM. 

Easiest way to ensure you get the correct account details on it would be to go in store and do it face to face. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

AJMacKay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5okey dokey, matey skip - then it's a wee trip to my local O2 shop.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Andrew

Message 12 of 14

AJMacKay
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, went in to my local O2 shop - and was all sorted in less than 5 minutes. yahoo

Thanks to @MI5 for all the advice and to the staff in O2 Princes Street, Edinburgh for being extra efficient. Even got some snazzy O2 chocolate coins for my trouble. 

Andrew

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AJMacKay 

Nice one slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14