Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking

Jw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Someone please help! My daughter is off to Asia and Australia next week so on Tuesday I put in a request to unlock (phone out of contract) and was quoted - in writing - 72 hours or sooner. Today when I went on chat (still not unlocked) I was told technical difficulties and would now be 7 days!! 02 shop can’t help and the chat people just send you round in circles - I even spoke to a supervisor but he just kept quoting the same thing. As she is going on Monday we were working to the 72 hour deadline verbally and on the 02 website. I was on chat for 1 hour 43 minutes.
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jw Thanks for sending your details over! I've already heard back from our gurus and the phone should now be unlocked. Can you please put an active non-o2 sim card into the device, go to Settings > General > About and sign-in with your apple ID to complete the unlock? 

Any further issue or questions, let us know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Jw

There have been problems so I will ask our community manager @EmilieT to help

Please keep an eye on this thread as she will respond as soon as she is able,

Edited to add, Sometimes the phones are unlocked without notification. Ask your daughter to try a non O2 sim in the phone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Jw
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I really felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall today. I wouldn’t be as anxious if we didn’t have a deadline - we did our bit and requested it in plenty of time.
Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jw

I have edited my post. Please check what I have said about trying a non O2 sim in the phone....

Welcome to the forum by the way. Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

Jw
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We tried that and 02 have confirmed just now the phone is still locked.
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
@EmilieT will sort it in a jiffy for you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jw wrote:
We tried that and 02 have confirmed just now the phone is still locked.

Ok just wait for a response from @EmilieT

She will respond here and send you a private message (PM) to get more details from you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Jw, sorry to hear you've had difficulties getting this device unlocked for your daughter! I'll drop you a Private Message now to get some more details and we'll see if we cna speed things up for you slight_smile

Thanks a lot for the troubleshooting and mentions @Cleoriff and @MI5 sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 21

Jw
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @EmilieT, I replied straightaway to your mail but haven’t heard back from you.
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jw wrote:
Thanks @EmilieT, I replied straightaway to your mail but haven’t heard back from you.

@EmilieT

You need your 'magic unlocking key' pretty quickly for this one. They are going 'down under' next week...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21