Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Iphone to use on another network

Richard11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently changed my network provider from O2 but when I put the new sim card into my Iphone 5 I am told that the phone needs tio be unlocked. I have tried on many occassions to get though to O2 to unlock my phone but as my co ntract with them was terminated last week I am unable to get though to speak to anybody.  Have you any ideas please ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Richard11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks jonsie but I have tried these but with no joy, I maybe wrong but I think that the problem is that my phone number was "ported out" last week and now O2 no longer recognise my number

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Richard11 

Your number will still be associated with your IMEI number.

Have you tried the manual form in the link?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Richard11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried the link a few times now - only managed to complete it once but was told that I had not passed the security checks. All the other times i get the message "oops something has gone wrong" after filling in the form. I am more than happy to speak to customer service about this but cannot get through using my phone number. Is there anyway to bypass this ?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145028 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Try any O2 number if you know someone on O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jonsie  and for the advice above @MI5 as well! If you're still struggling with this @Richard11 , I can get someone on our end to help with the unlock. I would just need a few additional details to be able to pass this on so will drop you a private message here on the forum shortly.

Message 9 of 9