Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought it was made easier to leave!?

Nat416
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have mine and my husband's mobiles under my O2 account.

My husband's contact has ended and mine will be in January. My husband has a new contact with a different network as there is no incentive to stay with O2 - less perks, perks mainly in London, and upgrades are more expensive than a new contract, as well as experiencing the terrible customer service today.

I went through My O2 account to end his contact and get a PAC code. The 'next' button is grey no matter if I put leave now or another date. It does the same for both mine and my husband's mobile numbers.

I texted the PAC number on his phone for a PAC code and it says I can't do it that way. I tried it through the website "keep, cancel or take on a number" but it doesn't have the option to take your O2 number to a new network.

I spent over 30 minutes waiting for a chat agent to be available. Then had to wait another 15 minutes after my 1st message to be put to waiting for another chat agent, who then told me to do it through My O2, to be then disconnected.

The 202 line is now closed and I don't have to time to be on hold or the energy to talk to someone.

Why make it so difficult!?

I have no debts with O2. I have always paid my bill early and sometimes over paid. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Nat416 

Try using a different browser or use incognito mode to get it through your MyO2.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Nat416
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Neither work.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12450 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1152 Solutions

Very odd that it doesn't work @Nat416 

The only other way I know of is by calling customer services I am afraid - not sure using social media would work.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202, 0800 902 0217 (Payment Management) or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

Nat416
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant, so I can be put on hold for a few hours 🙄

Me going on social media is at least going to warn others not to join O2. But there's plenty of people on their already that aren't happy. 

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You have said @Nat416 that "...upgrades are more expensive than a new contract...".

Have you checked Uswitch ? They currently have six O2 offers, viz :-

Oxonian_0-1715879071894.png

Oxonian_1-1715879132128.png

Please see :-

SIM Only Deals: Compare our best in May 2024 - Uswitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

Message 6 of 6