Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unlimited Web through Carphonewarehouse?

Hi, I recently took out a contract with Carphonewarehouse and ticked the option for Unlimited Web for a further £5pm.

The staff member suggested that it wasn't truly unlimited and was capped at 500mb per month.

Can anyone confirm if my £5pm is actually unlimited (fair use policy applies of course) or whether there is a cap.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think they're confusing it with Vodaphone, they also keep saying sms is capped at 3000 but this isn't true either. It is unlimited but subject to FUP like you say.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wanty, Czechplastic is asking about net usage. Not sure if CPW can set their own limits, if you are getting an O2 phone through them is it not down to O2 if they want to charge for something?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wanty, Czechplastic is asking about net usage. Not sure if CPW can set their own limits, if you are getting an O2 phone through them is it not down to O2 if they want to charge for something?

Yep, its down to O2. If the OP was CPW direct then it might have been different, but all new contracts are handled by O2 now.

I mentioned the SMS thing because that's another thing they say, P4U do the same and often think its 500mb for web and 3000 for SMS, but that's just because they're confusing it with Vodas caps.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Mind you Wanty, on Vodafone there is a 500MB FUP on all handsets. Except the iphone, then they increase it to 1GB but it is an actual limit and as soon as you go over it you are charged.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I know CPW just set up the contract on O2's behalf essentially.

As long as it's unlimited (FUP) then I'm happy.

Thanks!