Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Unlimited Data

I'm currently on o2 1200 18 Month with an iPhone 4 and my little grip is that in this day and age, where the smart phone is king, why the heck o2 think it's necessary to only give us 1GB of data per month?
Now with the iPhone 5 on the horizon does anyone know if o2 are going to change the tarrifs again to allow unlimited data, or will I be forced to leave and go to 3?
To be honest i think it's a bit ridiculous with smart phones using push notifications, emails, youtube, mobile tv, you're pretty much always online, so why cap it?!?!?
Sorry, rant over!
Anonymous

Re: Unlimited Data

There is no chance at all that o2 will bring back unlimited data, and it may not last long on 3 either. That's the main reason when the new phone comes out I will buy it direct from Apple so I can just slot my 3GS sim in and keep the unlimited data I already have.
Anonymous

There is no chance at all that o2 will bring back unlimited data, and it may not last long on 3 either. That's the main reason when the new phone comes out I will buy it direct from Apple so I can just slot my 3GS sim in and keep the unlimited data I already have.

You will have to change your SIM though as your old one will not fit, but yes, you keep your tariff that way.
Anonymous

I think 1GB is sufficient to be honest so long as you chuck it on wifi when at home or in a free hotspot. Most places where you will watch TV etc will be in one of these areas, leaving the 1GB for out and about use. Unless of course you watch telly whilst strolling the streets of London town. But then everyone is different!
Anonymous

DaveC, I've been using a micro sim in my GS for more than a year in case I gave in and got an IP4. Meant I was ready to go without o2 getting involved.
Anonymous

I think 1GB is sufficient to be honest so long as you chuck it on wifi when at home or in a free hotspot. Most places where you will watch TV etc will be in one of these areas, leaving the 1GB for out and about use. Unless of course you watch telly whilst strolling the streets of London town. But then everyone is different!

1gb isn't sufficient for me i'm afraid!
I work weekends and i work in a warehouse which has no wifi and no real need to have it, so i have to use my data to watch the footie and stuff like that.
Obviously some weeks there is no football on and i don't use all of my allowance, but to cap it at 1gb is a joke! it's not like o2 ever ring you and say, "oh you only used 700mb this month, here's £2.50 back off your bill"
It's alright when they are taking your money!
Anonymous

There is no chance at all that o2 will bring back unlimited data, and it may not last long on 3 either.

But there are companies with NEW tariffs that DO have unlimited data, Giff Gaff springs to mind! Ok, it is sim only, but why should that matter?
Anonymous

I like the bit about 'working' in a warehouse and watching football Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

I like the bit about 'working' in a warehouse and watching football Smiley Very Happy

Got to watch the football mate! Should be written in to my contract!
Anonymous

I cant understand from your previous posts how you are getting close to 1gb per month?
What do you use for phone for, mass downloading?
1000mb is an awful lot of download for a phone...surely?