Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME scam

Lozza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why does o2 allow companies to debit mobile accounts without formal confirmation from customer. Just been stung by mobiplanet via UME Ltd 10 weeks at £4.50 every 7 days . I never use paid for services and yet suspicious activity has not been reported to me . I am really angry there is no protocols in place . If such activity had occurred at my bank i would have recieved an alert !.
On searching i found company are serial offenders in obtaining fees for unsolicited services . Taking payment from mobile billing account without autherisation. I have been with o2 for many years with 4 family phone tariffs am worried and out of pocket £40.50 + any other charges this week. Have placed a stop . As i have just gone onto half pay as caring for terminally ill husband. These rogue charges couldn't have happened at a worse time.
Of course I'll try to claim money back but my time should be dedicated to my husband not spending hours emailing the scammers trying to get reimbursement!!!😠
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Info for you

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

and to try and get your money back

@Payforit_Sucks 

You need to take a large share of responsibility not noticing £26 per month going from your account.

Message 11 of 12

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mobi_planetscam wrote:
Ive been scammed by these people.for plus 13 months. Im devasted. What can i do. Over 26.pound per month

I.spoke 2 o2 today and they said they can barr them. It took me preasure to get the guy to do it. Months back i asked and 02 said i have to contact them. Why cudnt they barr for me then? Inhave mental.health issues aswell and money is very tight. What can i do i need help.

You will need to contact UME and ask for a refund.

Customer care number

Customer care email

help@umelimited.com

Customer care website

http://www.umelimited.com

Postal address

Universal Mobile Enterprises Ltd
Universal Mobile Enterprises
Shepherd's Building
Rockley Road
Shepherd's Bush
W14 0DA
United Kingdom

It's always difficult to get your money back when so much has been taken. Take a look at the payforit faq in my signature.

It might be worth mentioning the 120 day rule to them. This was a Payforit "service" and there was a 120 day rule, This should have meant that your subscription stopped after 120 days of "inactivity". Ask them what evidence they have of you actually using their "service" and why the 120 day rule wasn't applied.

Let us know how you get on, we can help you further if UME refuse a refund.

Paul

paul@payforitsucks.co.uk 

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 12 of 12