Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring existing O2 number to a new O2 package

Boozy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI I want to upgrade my handset and can get a better O2 package from a reseller than I can from O2.

Is there anyway possible to keep my existing number and use it in the new package?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38464 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Assuming the reseller does not do that for you, the info you need to move the number from your old phone's SIM to the new SIM is all in here: Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

If the reseller sends you a new SIM, say a 5G one to replace your existing 4G one, then this guide will help you move your number from old to new: Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update - the Swap process is initiated from the Support, Swap your SIM menu in the MyO2 app, and when I used it last month, completed the transfer in about 5 mins (I had both old and new phones and SIMS in front of me as I did this). Good luck, @Boozy.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38464 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Assuming the reseller does not do that for you, the info you need to move the number from your old phone's SIM to the new SIM is all in here: Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

If the reseller sends you a new SIM, say a 5G one to replace your existing 4G one, then this guide will help you move your number from old to new: Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update - the Swap process is initiated from the Support, Swap your SIM menu in the MyO2 app, and when I used it last month, completed the transfer in about 5 mins (I had both old and new phones and SIMS in front of me as I did this). Good luck, @Boozy.

Message 2 of 2