cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up on preorders... New terms and conditions show as possible?

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

So on the switch up terms page.

Under section 11.

"Where available to you and if applicable, in the event your chosen handset device is not currently available (e.g. it is out of stock or in a pre-order state), we may allow you to take out your new O2 Refresh contract before you receive the new device, whilst retaining your current device, until the new device is available. If so, the following rules will apply:

When we receive your device, we will check that it satissifies our terms and conditions;

If your existing device meets the condition criteria in accordance with these terms and conditions (and remains to do so once received by us), we will pay off and close your existing contract upon its safe receipt;

If your existing device does not meet the condition criteria in accordance with these terms and conditions, whether at the initial grading stage or the condition has subsequently changed once it is received by us, we will not close your existing contract. You will subsequently be provided with a choice either to:

(i) If within the 14 day change of mind period, back out of and close your new contract , therefore choosing to continue with your existing device in accordance with the terms of your existing contract (although note that your existing device plan and airtime plan will have delinked as a result of initiating the new contract purchase and will therefore be capable of being cancelled separately moving forwards); or

(ii) continue with the transaction, which will be processed via our standard upgrade and O2 Recycle journeys instead (the terms and conditions of which can be found at O2 Recycle | Mobile Terms and Conditions | O2), whereby we will provide a value for your device and credit this to your existing contract (subject to the relevant terms and conditions, including without limitation the requirement to pay early upgrade charges as well as any further payments to make up any deficit between your remaining contract balance and the quote provided in respect of your existing device, if applicable);"

How does this actually work?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Chris_K ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 99 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

This would be quite useful! 

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 3 of 5

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 99 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So this is possible, went in to today to swap my Google Pixel for the S23U earlier today.

Pretty straight forward, they pre-ordered the phone for me after I paid a refundable £50 deposit. They'll refund the £50 back to my card when I collect the phone on 17/02 (as long as it comes in on time).

All I need to do is make sure that I keep the current phone in the same condition it was when I did the switch-out.

Staff at the store were super friendly and helpful.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Good to know, @garetc - hope you're not kept waiting too long for your shiny new Samsung 👍

Message 5 of 5