Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble cancelling O2 Volt Sim after changes to Virgin's Terms and Conditions

mattford
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’m having a bad experience with O2 at the moment! I recently had an email from Virgin stating I could leave without cancellation fees (due to the changes in terms and conditions) However after a 70 minute wait to speak to O2, the operator was very unhelpful. She claimed it wasn’t possible and sent me a PAC code with a fee of £274. Eventually I was transferred to customer services who then strangely had me email someone at Capita…no reply as yet.

Here's what the Virgin email says: 

“If you’re unhappy with anything in this email, you can cancel your package, including the O2 sim in your Volt bundle, any time before 31/10/2023 without paying any early cancellation fees.”

There's another thread about this here. I tried Virgin again but to no avail they simply can't see into the O2 systems (I guess they aren't that integrated yet since the purchase).  I reached out to O2's social media teams yesterday and today...but it's unclear if these are still operated - no reply as yet.  I don't think speaking to O2 cancellations dept again, will help as they don't seem to know anything about this.  The last operator said she had no facility for me to forward on the Virgin email and didn't want me to read it out to her....

Short of cancelling my direct-debit I'm not sure what to do next.  Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@mattford 

You need to persevere with Virgin as they need to coordinate with O2 over the cancellation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

mattford
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @MI5, I will try again - do you know what department within Virgin I should ask for?  I've been told pretty clearly by Virgin Cancellations team they don't cancel the O2 sims, and have no access to O2s system.   I will ask them if they have a coordination process rather than directly cancelling it.  It seems others have had this run-around also.    

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@mattford 

Standard practice to get a run around off Virgin.

Try asking on their forum as they have account advisors on there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

mattford
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's this thread on the Virgin customer forums.  Another person is having similar trouble.  I posted my letter of complaint to O2/Virgin here.  

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Volt/Cancelling-Volt-with-O2-sim/td-p/5407899

Message 5 of 5