Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Topping up

Hi everyone, I am new and after a bit of info, and hopefully someone can help. Smiley Very Happy
I bought a PAYG fone with the usual top up card/number/chip included, I dont use the number as I stick to my own number, so I replaced the new chip with my original old one.
I then bought another phone, and decided to give the PAYG phone to a friend who lives abroad with the original chip that came with the phone.
They have been using the phone okay, but obviously thier credit will run out, how can I top it up from the UK, I havent the card that the chip came in, but have a copy of the actual telephone number of the chip/phone.
Would I be able to go into the phone shop with the actual number of the chip and ask them to top it up?
Many thanks in advance. Smiley Very Happy
Level 21: Regular

Re: Topping up

Just a thought.
If you have a debit/credit card it may be more convenient to go to your nearest ATM and use the mobile topup facilities there.
The only reason I suggest this is when I have used it in the distant past it asked me which mobile number I wanted to topup.
I'm sure some of the more experienced members here will come up with other options.
Here's another option http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/paygotopup/webtopup
#siwy
Anonymous

Wow browni, thats a great help, Smiley Very Happy I will give the online top up thingy a go, a lot more easier than going into a shop.
Many many thanks, will come back and let you know if all goes well.
Anonymous

Just to let you know it did work, Smiley Very Happy but, it tool approx 18 hours for the actual top up to be active the other side.
Again thanks for tip, will definately use it again.
Level 21: Regular

Glad to be of help.
#siwy