cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping up with a touch screen phone with a voucher

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

How about when you buy a top up voucher, it has the code, but also has a qr code, so you scan the code instead of typing it in?

No more input errors. Just as quick as using the last 4 digits of your debit/credit card. I no longer use my card due to being a victim of fraud.

So I go to the shop, buy a voucher. Start up my top up app and scan the barcode/ QR code. Job done.

Just an idea wink But if you haven't thought of it you seen it here first slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very good idea, using an O2 Wallet card offers good protection too.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Hmm, I like it. Im not sure the majority of customers would know how to use a QR code however that shouldnt get in the way of progress. Personally I hope to one day see NFC-topups (when the tech is more readily available)

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93948 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

It's a great idea and hopefully eliminate entry errors. In days gone by I have been the lucky recipient of someone else's mistake. People are growing up with QR readers and bar scanners these days so I don't think people will have any trouble adopting technology.

Message 4 of 4