Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The correct sim for a dongle

John17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi looking for the correct simcard to insert into my dongle for internet use, previously had a three sim but the connection was too slow. Dont want to order the wrong sim it will be for data only no calls etc minimum 25gb a month but preferably 50 thanks very much 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@John17 

Take your pick from here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#other

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@John17 

Take your pick from here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#other

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

John17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much just to confrim this will work in a dongle?    https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#other#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

The £20pm 100gb one? I tried putting my o2 pay as you go sim intot he dongle for a test and it never worked.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@John17 

Yes, the broadband sims are data only for dongles, mifi devices etc but you will need the correct settings on your dongle for it to work.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

John17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, thankyou very much have you any idea where I could find the settings I need to put into the dongle?

Message 5 of 7

John17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2.PNG

These are my settings unsure of what the number section should be , o22.PNG

This is whats coming up when I press connect 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@John17 

That's because it's not a MBB SIM card so it is blocked by o2. 

The correct SIM will work fine.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7