cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message - Delivery reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I know there are a few threads regarding this topic but they seem a few years old now and wondered if there was any new info on whether or not O2 plan to introduce this as a standard feature?

Most modern Smartphones have the option within their settings to receive delivery reports for text messages. These are usually confirmed on the senders phone with a small tick and indicate your friend has received the message you sent to them.

There are a few reasons why I find delivery reports useful and I'm sure I'm not the only one. One example is, if you know a message has not been delivered, you know your friends phone is possibly off and you can simply wait before sending them any more messages.

I realise you can manually type *#0 before every text message but this can be awkward and does not look very good when looking back through the messages you have sent.

In February, I came from BT (the carrier was Vodaphone, I believe) and they provided this simple network feature as standard. You could turn on the delivery reports option within your phones' settings and automatically get delivery notification whenever a message was sent, without the need to type in a special code before every single message.

If Vodaphone (and other carriers) can provide this feature as standard, why not O2?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The first three actually LOL

Hope we are not about to embark on a war as to whether or not a space is a "character"!  Crazy

Gerry

Message 31 of 41

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

4 including the space - it doesn't always work wihtout it Happy Dance

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 32 of 41

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The first three actually LOL

Hope we are not about to embark on a war as to whether or not a space is a "character"!  Crazy

Gerry

Well the text message counts it as one so in this instance it IS! Surprised

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 33 of 41

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 34 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

LOL

Now now....shake hands and make friends.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 41

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Handshake Mexican Wave

Message 37 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still makes no sense as to why O2 do not do text reports. I now know that they do not but then again neither did 3 CA's who just told me I had a faulty phone. Nothing wrong with the phone at all but plenty wrong with Customer service training on O2. 

Message 38 of 41

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing wrong with the phone at all but plenty wrong with Customer service training on O2. 

Pretty poor really - It's what you get for outsourcing I guess..... ? 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think the advisors were " outsourced " as they were all very well spoken Scottish people. Hardly an Indian call centre.

All I hope now is that the phones return safely and that I can forget about this debacle. 

Message 40 of 41