Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text delivery

DavidS2885
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a very poor signal at home and , following O2’s decision to stop supporting the TU app, I bought a new phone, Samsung Galaxy S8, to take advantage of the WiFi calling.

I have since found that I can make and receive phone calls but I have had difficulty with texts.

The texts are confirmed as sent on my phone but do not get through to the receiving sometimes until much later and in some cases up to a day late.

I have asked O2 for help regarding this but i am still having the problem.

Can anyone help or explain why this is happening?

Thank you

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @DavidS2885 Wifi calling does not support texts at the moment....so you would have to rely on messenger or Whatsapp over WiFi when you can get it....

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @DavidS2885 Wifi calling does not support texts at the moment....so you would have to rely on messenger or Whatsapp over WiFi when you can get it....

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Or use the new and un-announced app:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/o2-ask

Edited to add: your phone will show them as sent as they get "delivered" to the message centre number before going on to the number you are contacting.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:

Or use the new and un-announced app:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/o2-ask

Edited to add: your phone will show them as sent as they get "delivered" to the message centre number before going on to the number you are contacting.

I wouldn't mention O2 Ask on principle. wink

People will start asking questions about it's functions Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 30

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 Ask will help in areas of low or no network signal. You can text over wifi and receive texts and calls so in effect, whilst not a direct replacement for TU,  some functions are designed for home or office with good wifi. It also combines many functions of My O2.

There....I've 'announced' it.....Whistle

Message 5 of 30

DavidS2885
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. O2 help didn’t tell me this and only wanted to ensure I was using the right Message centre number.

Message 6 of 30

DavidS2885
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your information regarding the message centre. I still don’t understand why they then don’t reach the recipient for hours afterwards.

Message 7 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DavidS2885wrote:

Thank you for your reply. O2 help didn’t tell me this and only wanted to ensure I was using the right Message centre number.

@DavidS2885

Message centre numbers

Pay Monthly   +447802000332
Pay & Go       +447802092035

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They aren’t reaching the recipient immediately because you have low or no signal. It’s not until your phone gets a glimmer of a signal that your message is actually sent.
O2 don’t support text delivery reports unless you preceded every text with *0# so the reports you are seeing on phone are meaningless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 30

LeGrandRichard
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In addition to this ... after many years of frustration that my mobile service at home is dreadful and i've been using wi-fi calling at home ... there IS now a Bolt-on for iphone users ("Iphone Bolton") that enables SMS text use on wifi too .... about time!!!

Message 10 of 30