Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Terminating a contract - How?

Hi, I've not been using my number for a year now and would like to terminate the contract. I don't have any remaining months to pay off as this is a rolling on contract that's gone passed the 12 months minimum period. Do I just simply give O2 a call or do I have to send in a written letter (in that case, what should I include?)

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Terminating a contract - How?

you got no chance they past you from pillar to post! and you end up being charged i have been trying to cancel mine now since june and was cut off july 11 and was then sent a bill there a absolute joke, so i am now passing all the transcripts including the one from last night where i was passed to and from 8 different people to the the good people from watchdog so keep tuned and i urge everyone having problems to do the same!
o2 are useless
Highlighted
Anonymous

Call 202 and tell them you wish to cancel your contract. As long as your minimum term has passed, you will be able to cancel - but they are likely to offer you some sort of deals on newer plans or contracts in the hope you'll reconsider. But if you really want to cancel, as long as you are outside of your minimum term, there will be no issue. It's possible there is a 30 day notice period - so you may end up paying for an extra month at most from the time you request disconnection.
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

@Anonymous wrote:
you got no chance they past you from pillar to post! and you end up being charged i have been trying to cancel mine now since june and was cut off july 11 and was then sent a bill there a absolute joke, so i am now passing all the transcripts including the one from last night where i was passed to and from 8 different people to the the good people from watchdog so keep tuned and i urge everyone having problems to do the same!
o2 are useless

Er, that would be correct under the T&C's: you have to give 30 days notice to terminate thus you will be charged accordingly. Don't forget that during your time you are able to make chargeable calls which need to be paid for. Also if you have a direct debit, the advice is always wait till you receive a zero bill before cancelling the DD with the bank.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Are you sure that I will not have to send in a written letter? I remember trying to terminate the contract a couple of years ago and was told that they would need this request to be in writing.

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Sure.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1