cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating Contract - Want to move.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My contract expires next month and I want to terminate it. I wanted to move to P&G but, I rang today and they've made it complicated to move over, the guy was forcing me to another contract as well as treating me badly.

Apparently I will get a new P&G simcard which I need to top-up with £10 or else I risk losing my number, I thought they could just move my tariff but 02 seem to be incompetent at doing something so simple.

I'm guessing I'll just need a PAC code from the network, correct?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You'll need a PAC to move networks, yes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Info on terminating contract here...(should you need it)

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous If you want to stay with O2 and switch from Pay Monthly to Pay & Go, you don't need a PAC. You would only need it if you wanted to change network providers, as @MI5 has said. If you want to stay, it might be easier for you to go into an O2 store to do this, if you have one near you. You would need a new sim which could be provided free to you there and then.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

When I changed my wifes contract to P&G they simply sent me a sim card with her number which I still use and top up when necessary. I don't know why this adviser tried to make it so complicated for you. Call again early morning and speak to a different adviser.

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the forums! Please let us know if you have any further issues changing to PAYG. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6