Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange mobile calls all day

worriedmum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been strange mobile number calls all day then I ask who it is and they say I’ve called them or text them which I haven’t and there is no record on my phone of me doing these call can someone enlighten me as it’s getting alarming
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No idea, but if not a scam it still needs investigating as to why it's happening.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

sngx
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, i've PM'ed all community managers (sorry for spam) it's very annoying. What's also strange is that my billing is not showing any calls made to anyone other than I'm aware of. So it's either call routing or some form of spoofing.

Message 12 of 16

Lifepreserver
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spoken to the customer service team this morning and they've said it's not possible.  Well it quite clearly is, oh and no calls show up on my billing either.

Message 13 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @sngx, and thanks for your PM slight_smile I've passed the details on and will share any info I get on this with you.

@worriedmum & @Lifepreserver If you have some examples of these numbers, I'd really appreciate if you could send them my way via a Private Message as well so I can get this looked into better!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 16

sngx
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT thank you! slight_smile Call seems to have stopped after 12:09. Fingers crossed.

Message 15 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@worriedmum@Lifepreserver@sngx If you Google the issue, you'll find that number spoofing is a worldwide problem, with no definitive solution at this point in time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 16