Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: So, new O2 tariffs - discuss

Torch was £25.54 for 500 mins unltd texts and 500mb of data yesterday
Today it is £32+6 for 600 mins unltd texts 500mb so £38 (says £5 discount) £33 total cost today..
How is this justified?

Because the cheaper tariff you have quoted was the blackberry bonus tariff, not a standard tariff. The higher one is the new standard tariff which is not all that different from the old standard tariff.
It's like saying that now the half price sale has ended prices have doubled and asking how that can be justified Smiley Very Happy
I've been all over this forum like a rash telling anyone who was interested to grab that deal while they can. Gone now.

I never seen any notice in the shops or online about these tarrifs being a one off.
Your analogy is right if I had been aware of a sale in the first place, since you seem to be in the know about these things what would be the chances of calling o2 CS and negotiating my current Torch deal onto another contract, either they play ball or I just stick with my current deal or move altogether with my 3rd contract.
Anonymous

I'm currently on the 300 minutes Unlimited texts and 500 mb data iPhone tariff, which I have been on since June 2010. My contract is up December 2011.
Is is possible to switch to the new tariff with the same amount of minutes but with the data allowance including tethering (which is £37 per month I believe) and for my contract to still end on the same day as my original contract.
Also. With the new tariffs including tethering. Does this mean that iPhone 4 users can use the Personal Hotspot feature and in doing so, allow a wifi only iPad to connect to the net via the iPhone 4's hotspot/tethering feature?
Anonymous

im so glad i got my blackberry when i did Smiley Very Happy but to those who are complaing it was a tempoary offer and it did state that on here it said for a limited time only wich is why i snapped up then! but it still cheap 500 mins 500mb data unlimted text for 32 pound. if you check any other network for the torch on contract to get it for free is between 40 and 45 pound on tmobile etc!
so its still cheap
Anonymous

I never seen any notice in the shops or online about these tarrifs being a one off.
Your analogy is right if I had been aware of a sale in the first place, since you seem to be in the know about these things what would be the chances of calling o2 CS and negotiating my current Torch deal onto another contract, either they play ball or I just stick with my current deal or move altogether with my 3rd contract.

I don't know about instore, but on the website it's definitely said 'offer ends 28th March' for the last month.
CS won't let you move onto that tariff now unfortunately, that deal no longer exists so they wont let you change onto it, only the new price schemes.
If you're thinking of leaving rather than renewing at the end of your contract then it's worth speaking to retentions because there may be some kind of discount available to you, based on what you've spent over the last year or so and what they're prepared to pay to keep your business, but threatening that you're going to go somewhere else to take a third contract isn't something they'll take into account I'm afraid.
Like someone else has said, I still think the deals for the Torch are as good or better than most networks, so I'd definitely suggest checking around before making a decision - don't 'cut off your nose to spite your face', basically.
Anonymous

i upgraded on 28/3/11 to the £40.86 a month tariff which includes 900min, unltd texts, 750mb data & free iphone 4 16gb handset over 24months this was a ltd.special offer which has now ended! bargain imo.
Anonymous

If your still on the old Blackberry bonus tariff - 500 or 1000 minute tariffs, on 24 month contracts.
You can add o2 to o2 or landline calls to them tariff for free. I've noticed quite alot of people aren't aware of that.

The new tariffs are evidently aimed more at data users. The only people I can see fully benefiting from the new tariffs, would be - people who tether, and send picture messages often. As before you had to add a bolt on costing £7.50 for tethering and the picture messaging charged at 20p.
Your average phone user who uses the internet for facebook is losing out really by going onto a new tariff.
Anonymous

how exactly does the "new phone every 12 month for existing customers" offer actually work ? cant seem to get much clarity from anyone.
I have 2 months remaining from a 24 month contract and I have given my notice to cancel (did that last month) does that mean that I am able to upgrade now on a new handset and new tariff ?
Anonymous

If you're on an 18 or 24 month contract now then your upgrade date is the same as it was, but you can choose to go onto a 12 month contract when you renew.
The 12 month contracts are pretty similar to the 18 month tariffs, you just pay more upfront towards the phone.
Anonymous

Hi, I am new to these forums on O2, but I am due an upgrade next week (1 month early), I was intending to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S with 100 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb of internet all for £25.53 per month on a 24 month contract, the phone was free, now O2 have changed their tarifs and if I still want this phone I have to pay £104.99 for the phone then £21.50 for 100 mins, 500 texts plus another £6 for internet, I called the upgrade team and they confirmed that the prices are correct. Needless to say I have decided to go with another network who have offered a free phone, 600 mins and unlimited texts plus 1gb of internet and cheaper Euro calls for when we are away for £25 per month on an 18 month contract. So the question has to be why are O2 ripping off their customers like this?, I have been a very happy customer since the old BT mobile days, but not anymore. I have spoken with the cancellations department, but cannot cancel my account until 7 April without a penalty, but the nice lady said that they are seeing larger amounts of customers canceling due to the changes.
What a pity O2 are getting so greedy that customers are turning away in their droves.
Mallorcaguy
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

No. According the website the £21.50 includes the all rounder data package with the phone at £104.99 on a 24 month contract(try it and see!). As you are upgrading then they could be right as your tariff will change though they should offer you a 12 month contract which will probably add to the handset cost.