Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

Retentions..... just phone to see what they could offer me on a HD2, and was offered the same as a new customer :womanindifferent: , the Cs i spoke wouldn't even budge even after explaining that A) other operators are doing it for alot less, B) the handest i have now was worth the same as the Hd2 when i got it, @ £35 18mth.

What is the point of retentions if they have no interest in retaining your business unless you either want the iphone or spend a ridiculous amount each month my average is just under the £50...

Oh well, I may try and get another Cs in a bit and see if they can do anything better.
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

O2 don't do retention deals any more as such, the only thing I believe they are offering is loyalty discounts, which can be anything off your bill depending on when your normal spend is.
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

It just seems that alot of people are getting good deals on the phone who have a very similar monthly spend to me...

I was even told that they don't do deals on the HD2... just a quick look through this forum tells me that that isn't true...

I'll give it another go, if i'm still fobbed off then it's PAC time..
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

The days of crazy retention deals are gone for the time being from all the networks. You will find similar posts to yours referring to all the other networks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

I can appreciate that.... i'm not looking for anything crazy, just a little off would do...
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

I can appreciate that.... i'm not looking for anything crazy, just a little off would do...

So what are you expecting to get out of O2 as a matter of interest to make you stay?

I would me more than happy to reduce the mins and txts and get a few quid off the line rental..
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

I'm old enough to remember the time when forums were full of people complaining that they got worse deals than new customers Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

I'm old enough to remember the time when forums were full of people complaining that they got worse deals than new customers Smiley Very Happy

Now that is bad... Smiley Very Happy

Not really complaining as such.. i just feel a little despondent, i've wanted this phone since Oct and been counting the days (sad i know ..lol) and was hoping to get a better deal than new customers..
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

Did you phone upgrades or retentions department?

Upgrades only offer deals that you would get as a new customer, if you proceed and request your PAC code then you go through to retentions who have the power to offer deals.
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

I went straight to retentions......

Still haven't upgraded yet, as i went to my local store and got some very useful info Smiley Wink so i'm gonna wait another week... and hopefully all will be well..

I'd just like to add that i have always received first class service when i have had problems in the past, and i now know why i couldn't get anywhere when i phoned the other day..