cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slightly Early Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am 2 months from the end of an 18 month contract and want to upgrade early. If I am willing to pay the remaining 2 months line rental, and then take out another 18 month contract, will I be able to upgrade?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately not. However, the good news is that an all contracts you can upgrade a minimum of one month early.
I'd give customer services a ring to find out exactly what your upgrade date is, it may well be sooner than you expected slight_smile
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately not. However, the good news is that an all contracts you can upgrade a minimum of one month early.
I'd give customer services a ring to find out exactly what your upgrade date is, it may well be sooner than you expected slight_smile

I'm just 1 month 13 days away. Do you think I would be allowed to upgrade now?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you could if you have achieved above blue on the priority list i.e. spent more than £35 a month for a long period. From what I remember that is.
Is there any particular reason you can't hang on a couple more weeks?

That'd be silver. Blue is the starting level for everybody. On o2 you get a one month early upgrade on blue and silver, 3 months early on gold and 6 months early on platinum. The vast majority of customers are on blue and silver. slight_smile
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you could if you have achieved above blue on the priority list i.e. spent more than £35 a month for a long period. From what I remember that is.
Is there any particular reason you can't hang on a couple more weeks?

No reason I can't wait, other than just being impatient! Another way to look at it, is why can't I just cancel my contract, pay off the remaining months, then take out a new contract?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can you check what upgrade level you are at?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could do but give CS a call to see if they'll do that. No harm in trying. Though to be honest you'll need to pay that upfront and would that cost be worthwhile to give away when it could be used elsewhere?
Someone may correct me here, but as you have to give 30 days notice to leave that would take you to the 30 days before you can upgrade.

Called CS. Not only did they let me cancel my current contract there and then, but they reduced my tarriff to the minimum so I only had to pay off £45 instead of £75 to upgrade early. So they've saved me £30!! Got the new phone on an 18 month contract that afternoon and got my old number transferred the following day. Simples.
Message 7 of 7