Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in croatia

Vince_and_Helen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I cannot get mobile data in croatia. I note my account says pay as you go but actually i have a monthly account - is this the problem
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It must be a restriction on your account then, so you need to call customer service on 202
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Vince_and_Helen 

Croatia is in the Europe Zone so you should be able to roam as you do in the UK with no extra charges

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe 

Obviously this is within existing tariff limits, so hopefully you still have data?

When you use data in our Europe Zone it will come out of your allowance, just like it would at home.

If you go over your total data allowance in our Europe Zone, you can add a Bolt On - the options and cost are the same as if you were in the UK. If you add a Bolt On and don’t use all the data before heading back to the UK, you’ll still be able to use it when you get home. And if you add a Bolt On in the UK, you’ll also be able to use it in our Europe Zone.

I would give customer services a call (not live chat) and ask if there is a Roaming bar on your account?

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Vince_and_Helen 

Turn off and remove SIM card for 5 mins. 
Replace sim and turn on and see if phone asks for account type. If so, choose post pay. 
If not, go to your network settings and find data apn. Change the username to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and the password to "password"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Any update on this one @Vince_and_Helen? Have you got roaming working or do you still need help with this one? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

Vince_and_Helen
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just returned and the phone works fine here but at no time for a week did i have any data services - i did take the sim out and try the above options - no joy!
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It must be a restriction on your account then, so you need to call customer service on 202

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Vince_and_Helen
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will do thanks
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Keep us posted @Vince_and_Helen and let us know if you need further help! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9