cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Upgrade?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was messing about on the upgrade site and I'm now waiting delivery of a new phone! I only upgraded in December!
10 REPLIES 10

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
Didn't work on either of my lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's legitimate then?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's legitimate then?

How exactly were you messing about?

Can you explain how you got to upgrade?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was bored and went through the 'Upgrade Online' to see how far it would get before stopping me. But it didn't!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did that once with Orange, but it was eventually rejected when it got to the human handler stage.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nokia 5800 arrived this morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nokia 5800 arrived this morning.

So did you jusy enter your phone number and then submit the upgrade code they txt you and it worked first time?

I have been trying to upgrade early online but it never works.

Did you do anything else other than straightforward entering the code they text you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I just entered the code and away I went. One thing I have noticed is that some order nos. begin gm-????? and others with on-????? I don't know if that makes a difference though. My original upgrade code (Dec 08) for a N96 was a 'on' number. I sent that back and phoned up for a xperia x1 and that was a 'gm' number (Jan 09). This 5800 was a 'on' number (Mar 09). My contract expiry date has moved to Sept. 14 2010.

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
It's possible your last upgrade wasn't registered quite correctly and thats how it worked. Lucky anyway. Enjoy your new phone!