cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting PAC code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, i hope someone maybe able to help/advise me about getting PAC from O2. I was in a 24mth contract which ended 5/1/16, after giving required notice. I asked to be put onto payg as i wasnt sure about which Network i was going to use or sure about which phone to go for. So yesterday i took out another contract with another network, then asked LiveChat for my Pac, only to be told NO, that they cant give out pac,s and that my payg sim wasnt even activated and to phone Customer Services today.

So today i phoned Customer Services and was told i need to topup to activate my sim. I questioned this as in MYO2 it says active and i can recieve calls and txts. Still NO was the reply.

So is my sim active and do i really have to top up £10 just to activate the sim, then port out losing £10. This seems totally absurd to me and a waste of money.

Any advice/help greatly appreciated.   Thanks

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes there is no credit on this sim. Livechat stated last night it would be free to call 4445, which was totally wrong.

Hence the reason I added the landline number @Anonymous  If that is also an issue then you need to borrow a phone from someone...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aye, the landline number is not a problem, so i will deffo call 1 last time.

Thanks all for your input.

Will report back the outcome.

Cheers All.

Message 22 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Best of luck with it....and yes let us know how you get on. (Of course you could always say 'you were advised to go payg) A simple misunderstanding on your part shouldn't be penalised....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Depending on your tariff it may well be a free call on 4445 so the information given may be correct.

Message 24 of 31

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I believe it is O2 basic (from a previous post) ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update....... i decided to just top up a tenner to get Pac then donate credit to charity, but when i topped up it took my tenner for some bundle i dont need or want. Phoned Customer Services to get Pac and told him this and he refunded credit whilst on the phone and gave Pac too. What a very helpful and nice man with great Customer Service skills. ( donate credit to him as wee bonus. lol. )

So a kind of result......Ive been with O2 for many years and Never had any major problems, and only leaving as got an amazing deal from another network. Over the last year ive switched most of my utilities and shopped around, as Loyalty counts for Nothing these days.

Wishing everybody all the best, Cheers all.

Message 26 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Great outcome @Anonymous Hope all goes well with your new network. Just remember you don't need to be with O2 to continue posting on the forum. Lots of help available if you need it.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 31

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Well done, glad you got it sorted and great that a charity will benefit. Nice one!

Good luck with the new network @Anonymous slight_smile

Message 28 of 31

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
That's a great, glad things worked out.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 29 of 31

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Hope you get a good signal with your new network too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 31