Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Number Charges

Bishybarnybee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill showed a charge for calling a premium number I knew I hadn't called. Further investigation revealed it was an O2 number. I had dialled 4444 from my pay monthly phone to top up a friend's PAYG O2 phone and O2 had diverted me to the premium number without any warning and then charged me for the to up call.

I have topped up this PAYG phone during the last 3 years via 4444 without any call charges. I've been told the call charge will be refunded but why is this suddenly happening now?

Does this mean I can't top up friends & family from my pay monthly phone any more?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff, my mentions are back on thankfully! smiling

@Bishybarnybee Unfortunately the team have not come back with a reply yet but its an open escalation so I hope to have a reply soon. I'll drop you an @ mention as soon as I hear back. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff, my mentions are back on thankfully! smiling

Good to hear it @Martin-O2. I have been in limbo joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Me too @Cleoriff! joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Image result for in limbo memes

Lol you fool joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 28

Bishybarnybee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's still happening! I topped up a friend's PAYG mobile using 4444. A few hours later an additional charge appeared on my bill. I had again been diverted to another number (0845 6062277) and charged £1.01 for the call.

I called Customer Support who have refunded the charge but said it will always happen if I dial 4444 from a Pay Monthly phone to top up a PAYG phone.

In future I need to dial 0345 6062277 to top up a PAYG. This will not incur any call charges (but will use some of my minutes for the call).

I don't understand why dialling 4444 (from an O2 phone on the O2 network) doesn't divert me to the 0345 number instead of the 0845 number, which would solve the problem from my perspective. Clearly something has changed in the last few months, but I am not sure what.
Message 26 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I can't understand this. I regularly top up my sons PAYG phone from my Pay monthly phone and have never been diverted or charged. @Bishybarnybee

I used to be on PAYG myself with the same number, and I get exactly the same message now as I did then.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Bishybarnybee and everyone! 

I've received some information today that this issue has now been identified and resolved. Any customers who were affected will be contacted and a credit will be applied to their account. smiling

signature

Message 28 of 28