Did you mean: 

Porting problems - PLEASE HELP!!!

noblehua
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I decided to move my phone number of 22 years from 3 (been with them for 15 years) to O2 last Monday (14 March). Sent the PAAC code. Received the sim on Tuesday(15th), called O2 just to understand the process and gave them the PAAC code again. My 3 sim stopped functioning around 11am Wednesday 16th, immediately changed the sim card and restarted the phone. Porting did not happen:

Wed 16th 18.17 text from O2 customer services: Ive double checked the account and your old number is still busy transferring to the new sim card

Every day call and every day they assure me it will transfer by 6pm or within 24 hours

Yesterday visited an O2 store who put me through and the customer services said it will now be 3- 5 days which will make it possibly 10 days!!

Can't use my cards online.

Can't reset any of my online memberships that are tied to the number

If people call me on my normal number they get the message:

"You have called a wrong number. Please check the number and dial again" rather than tell ing them there is a problem please call later. Try explaining that to my 92 year old mother who has alziemers - causing her huge amount of anguish every time she tries to call me. 

Can't operate my business as can't tell everyone who might call me.

Absolutely at my wits end. 

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38544 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

@madasaf1sh 

I might be losing the plot here but who is @Halmossawi and what post are you replying to ? 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Porting-problems-PLEASE-HELP/m-p/1670824/highlight/true#M...

Post was rightly moved off to its own thread, @Oxonian 😉

Looks like the reply not so much 🫤

Message 41 of 42

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for that @pgn, explains it fully. 

Message 42 of 42