Did you mean: 

Porting problems - PLEASE HELP!!!

noblehua
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I decided to move my phone number of 22 years from 3 (been with them for 15 years) to O2 last Monday (14 March). Sent the PAAC code. Received the sim on Tuesday(15th), called O2 just to understand the process and gave them the PAAC code again. My 3 sim stopped functioning around 11am Wednesday 16th, immediately changed the sim card and restarted the phone. Porting did not happen:

Wed 16th 18.17 text from O2 customer services: Ive double checked the account and your old number is still busy transferring to the new sim card

Every day call and every day they assure me it will transfer by 6pm or within 24 hours

Yesterday visited an O2 store who put me through and the customer services said it will now be 3- 5 days which will make it possibly 10 days!!

Can't use my cards online.

Can't reset any of my online memberships that are tied to the number

If people call me on my normal number they get the message:

"You have called a wrong number. Please check the number and dial again" rather than tell ing them there is a problem please call later. Try explaining that to my 92 year old mother who has alziemers - causing her huge amount of anguish every time she tries to call me. 

Can't operate my business as can't tell everyone who might call me.

Absolutely at my wits end. 

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Benson
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can’t receive text messages after porting my number from lycamobile to O2, and this has been going on for about 5days now. Pls I need your help

Message 11 of 42

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi @Benson - I replied to the post you made elsewhere here on the forum - keep an eye on that list this morning from about 8am. Good luck!

Message 12 of 42

Mike4349
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem when I tried to port my number from virgin since last Thursday, now customer services have stopped giving me any assurances and just say it will be sorted as soon as possible. This is also my main business line and is seriously affecting my business. Is there a deeper problem here with 02?

Message 13 of 42

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@Mike4349 wrote:

I am having the same problem when I tried to port my number from virgin since last Thursday, now customer services have stopped giving me any assurances and just say it will be sorted as soon as possible. This is also my main business line and is seriously affecting my business. Is there a deeper problem here with 02?

Hi @Mike4349 - I am tagging @O2Emma in, please keep an eye on your PMs here, she will need some account details from you privately.

Good luck!

Message 14 of 42

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Mike4349 I will send you a private message.

signature
Message 15 of 42

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

We found out yesterday that there was an issue with number porting, which is outside of o2's control @Mike4349 .

See thread linked below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/Number-porting/m-p/1582883#M28353 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 42

_Anna_
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I am having the exact same issues with knock in effects into my personal and work life. I’ve been told by o2 after a lot of time on hold that they have no idea when the problem will be fixed and when my number will port over. Really not impressed with o2 so far, surely this should be a pain free process done everyday!? Any chance you’re able to help me please @O2Lisa ? 
Thank you, 

Anna 

Message 17 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem with getting ported. I ended up calling O2 Customer Services and putting myself through into their WhatsApp help conversations. The lady on WhatsApp done a customer support form to get my number ported and I finally got it ported today. It really is a nuisance but if you get put to through to the right person, they seem to do a good job.

Message 18 of 42

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Hey @_Anna_ I am so sorry about this. 
I can message you privately and look in to this for you, but depending on the status of the port it may be out of my control. 
I can assure you our teams are working these cases as a priority to get it resolved as soon as possible. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 42

dumlovesyou
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

EE stopped my number, but I can't receive calls on the O2 sim card

Message 20 of 42