cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number from O2 PAYG to existing O2 pay monthly contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I curently have an O2 pay monthly contract but have requested to have my phone number changed to an O2 PAYG contract (to keep the phone number) and have my existing monthly contact  terminated.

In hindsight however, I would still like to swap my existing number to PAYG, but I would like to keep my contract going. 

I have an existing PAYG number I would like to use to keep the contract going, but, after chatting online with an O2 agent they have told me this isn't possible, and as soon as my existing number is changed to PAYG my contract will close.

Can somebody who knows confirm this is the case please, as ideally I WOULD like to keep my existing contract going, but with a phone number ported from an existing PAYG sim card I already have and use...

Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can only move your contract number to P&G by closing the account. The adviser was correct in what he/she said.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can only move your contract number to P&G by closing the account. The adviser was correct in what he/she said.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the confirmation - I'll have a look around and see what's on offer if I have to start a new contract then...

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Starting a new contract via CPW is good, they offer brilliant deals that even o2 cant offer on their own website wink
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear but you would have to pay off the remainder of the minimum term if there is any left to pay. Good idea to shop around though if you still want another contract.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
CPW can offer sweeter deals and more choice on handsets but they cannot offer the Refresh Tariff ,but instead only locked in 2 year deals. Not a deal breaker for some. 😄
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the CPW advice, I'll take a look.

Regarding my existing contract, it expired quite a while a go and I just kept it going, so nothing extra to pay (in fact I might be due a refund).  Strange that this cannot be done however as it's just a case of transferring numbers?

Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would have thought so but O2 insist it can't be done. Must mess their system up?

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck @Anonymous and also Welcome to the Forum too.
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is a way but it involves a bit of juggling about....
Get a PAC for your PAYG number and port it to another network PAYG sim. Voda, for example. Then switch your current contract to PAYG on O2. This will close your account.
Take out a new contract with O2 then get a PAC from the Voda PAYG sim and port your old number back to the new O2 contract - Simples !! wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14