Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port not working properly

Simon321
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I ported my old Talktalk number to my new O2 sim. It works fine except 2 family members are on IDMobile. If I text them it shows up as the new O2 number, the one that should have been replaced. They can text me back on that number, but not of my ported number. The ported number works fine if they call me and fine for texts from people not on ID Mobile.

Unfortunately O2 technical department were due to call me today at 9:30, but didn't, then texted at 10 to say they had to reschedule. I've received nothing from them asking me to make another appointment.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simon321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The problem is no solved. My son suggested it was a problem with a more modern message format that wasn't getting through called RCS. To use it Chat options need to be set up in your messaging app. Something to do with google, can't remember details. In settings it was busy trying to enable these features with the old sim number the port had replaced. I put my number in and within an hour it was able to set up this feature.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123121 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Simon321 

This might help. 

Settings >Phone >My number and edit to your number.

Save and reboot phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Simon321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks. The only place I see for putting my number is in settings/network/sim. It already has the correct number. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

We've had this issue before with ID mobile @Simon321 and they hadn't released the number correctly off their system.

You may need to call them too to sort it out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Simon321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks. The only place I see for putting my number is in settings/network/sim. It already has the correct number. Thanks for the suggestion though. Will try Idmobile
Message 5 of 14

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Simon321 just checking if this has been sorted by now?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 14

Simon321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I emailed O2 because I was having no joy talking to custemer services. Someone is meant to be looking into it. I've not heard from them for several days. I still have the problem.

Message 7 of 14

Simon321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Pretty rubbish service from O2. I still haven't heard back. Wondering if I can cancel my contract without a penalty and try a different company. O2 make it do difficult to actually get to communicate with someone about the problem. I get the feeling they are just ignoring it as something unimportant.

Does anyone know how to get more of a response out of O2?
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

I can ask @O2Lisa to take a look for you @Simon321 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Simon321
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes please. I was advised by Jodie Adams, resolution expert, not to contact customer services and that she would take ownership of the issue and be in touch. This was 10 days ago. I have emailed back and have had no response. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Message 10 of 14