Did you mean: 

Phone bill cost seems to be the same even after paying off device

Anonymous13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade and I was looking at my phone bill to see whether its worth buying a new handset and keeping my sim or buying both a new sim and device.

However, on MyO2 I noticed that my phone bill total is the same (around £25) when I was paying for my device plan (£10) and now for the past year when I paid off my deivce and my device plan total is £0.

I realised that the £25 must be the airtime bill, but I don't see anywhere where the £10 device plan was added on.I dont believe £35 was coming out of my bank account. When I download the PDF version of my phone bill, the total amount is always around £25. I'm simply a bit confused about why I seem to be paying the same before and after paying off my device.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous13 

Once your device was paid, you should have just been paying the airtime until you either cancelled your contract or upgraded.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If you wish to query the amount paid, the only people who can tell you are O2.

All numbers in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous13 

Once your device was paid, you should have just been paying the airtime until you either cancelled your contract or upgraded.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

If you wish to query the amount paid, the only people who can tell you are O2.

All numbers in this guide. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Check some of your older bills (if you can) in the history - you should be able to go two years back to see what you were paying.
Who did you sign the contract through - was it o2 directly, or a 3rd party (like Carphone Warehouse, or buymobiles.net)?
The bill would only go down after completing the minimum term if you went directly to o2 - everyone else is a combined sum (so 1 payment covering both phone and airtime).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous13 

You would of had 2 direct debits.

1 for the airtime and another for the device plan.

As the device plan is a separate credit agreement, they are always billed separately, so your airtime bill from O2 will always be the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4