cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

In response to a text alert saying i would be cut off I have signed on to pay off in advance a larger bill as I am in cuba. as i normally pay by direct debit i am unable to make a payment unless i do it by phone? surely this is incorrect and i can pay online?

O2 can you call me so i can make a payment please

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

All I said was to make sure that the OP had not cancelled their direct debit. 

Yes I admit it is not exactly within the original query, however I already mentioned to the OP about the payment method which they had queried.

It is factual knowledge that charges would be incurred if the direct debit was cancelled and I was simply making the OP aware of it.

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I give up.... Maybe you'll listen to someone else.
But do expect any further errors to be corrected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 16

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I give up....

Great idea!!  Bouncy

I am not saying that you are right or wrong and neither am I.  It's a forum - everybody has different advice and opinons. You may not agree with my posts (which is nearly all of the posts) but some people do agree with my posts.

I am happy that you correct me if I am wrong, but the way you do it is not necessarily nice.

Message 13 of 16

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Guys,

We all have different levels of knowledge and experience with O2 and its products. Having the enthusiasm to help out on a community is a wonderful thing but accuracy is also important.

If you want to help, that's awesome and keep doing so. On the other hand, there will be occasions when advice is inaccurate for whatever reason and anyone who helps out should always be open and tolerant to correction.

Having said that, correcting others should be a educational process, not one that inhibits them from posting.

Please PM me if you would like to have a chat about this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Thank you Toby.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 16

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks Toby.

It is nice to know that there is someone looking out for the lower ranked people.

I am happy to be pulled up on a mistake that I make and I hold my hands up high and apologise if I am wrong, however there are ways about correcting others and it should be done in way which is respectful and a way which the individual would like to be treated if they made a mistake (which everyone does - nobody is perfect). 

Anyways back to the original topic of payment from abroad..........

Message 16 of 16