Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called to cancel following changes to O2 Switch Up

Shivan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

…and they just disconnected my line immediately. I didn’t even have the chance to ask to keep it on pay as you go before the line cut out. 

Now I can’t contact O2 at all. Logging into My O2 asks to enter my number, which doesn’t work anymore so I can’t get the code. I can’t log on.

There doesn’t seem to be an email or contact form I can use. 

The original email said “you will need to either continue paying your Device Plan in the agreed monthly instalments or you can pay the remaining balance off in full. This is because your Device Plan is a separate loan agreement.”

I asked in the phone call to continue paying these monthly instalments but, again, as soon as the person on the phone confirmed they’d ended the contract, the line disconnected and I could no longer call customer service with it. I wasn’t told this would happen, or that it would be so literally “immediate”.

Now I have emails saying I have to pay the outstanding balance in full within 14 days, which isn’t what the original email said. This could be manageable but, again, I seem to have no way of contacting O2, especially as I’m abroad and the local network is unable to make international calls. Calling O2 was free from my own number until they terminated the line. The O2 app isn’t working either for live chat as I don’t have an active number linked to the account.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23671 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

@Shivan Download Skype to call free: Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Call 0800 902 0217 (Payment Management) or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Heych91
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You got further than me! I got told I don’t have the right to cancel even though legally I do and I tried to show them the email! 

absolute shambles and I shall take great joy in calling Virgin to cancel my now out of contract TV and broadband services!

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
  • 23671 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

@Heych91 Have you followed this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Heych91
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did, the wording in the email is as below, I called and tried social media and in both scenarios was dismissed, as a result I’m leaving both O2 and VM and our business of 48 are on O2 and just guess who is in charge of mobile contracts?! 😆

There’s nothing you need to do. However, because of these changes, you have the right to end your Airtime Plan in the next 30 days. If you decide to cancel your Airtime Plan, you will need to either continue paying your Device Plan in the agreed monthly instalments or you can pay the remaining balance off in full. This is because your Device Plan is a separate loan agreement.”

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
  • 23671 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3752 Solutions

@Heych91 We are all customers, so threats count for nothing here. If you need to deal with O2 business, here is some info:

Business Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile8002Free
From a landline0800 977 7337Free
From abroad+44 7860 980 202Free†

Opening times

Monday - Friday8am - 8pm
Saturday9am - 5pm
Sunday9am - 5pm

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Heych91
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I have the business contact numbers. 

That wasn’t a threat as I am aware this is a consumer forum, I was just pointing out on the consequence of poor service, especially to this degree where they think they can ignore their own emails and Ofcom.

Message 7 of 7