cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying hidden VAT charges on my contract?? Very misleading - cannot be legal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This cannot be legal... At no point did anyone say to me when I took out a iPhone 6 contract, that I would be paying nearer £40 than the £33 that I signed a contract for!

Look at the documents I have received and tell me where, anywhere, it says that this hidden VAT charge is being added.

I have called O2 directly this morning as soon as I received the ridiculous statement - he was horrendously unhelpful.  Just told me to 'go instore and sort it out' - I am not going out of my way, paying train fare/parking, to sort out O2's misleading contract details.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

slight_smile As I suspected...Pro rata billing. The CPW could have explained this to u...

So -7.31 - refund for your old tariff, 14.67 charge ur new tariff from 18 sep-03 Oct(u got the new contract on the 18/09 so they bill u from that day until ur billing date-that is the date ur bills get issued every month and u get ur new minutes/sms/data);27.50 charge a full month charge as u always pay one full line rental in advance; 1.75 charge- calls outside ur inclusive minutes = total without vat and then at the bottom the vat get added. Did that make sense?

Message 31 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It was hard work but we got there in the end and hopefully @Anonymous now understands his bill and future bills.

Might be an idea to change the thread title to as nothing illegal has transpired.

Message 32 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Congratulations to you all. I NOW know what you are talking about. LOL

From the OPs first post about VAT being included AFTER they signed up....I was positive they were being swizzled tongue

Good word that...swizzled...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

we will make an expert out of you, and in no time u will be explaining this and more to us tongue

Message 34 of 47

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm hoping the OP now understands....

if I do then so should they....:smileywink:

Mind you...the title of the thread is off putting really...and does tend to guide you down the wrong path wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 47

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I'm hoping the OP now understands....

if I do then so should they....:smileywink:

Mind you...the title of the thread is off putting really...and does tend to guide you down the wrong path wink

Headlines sell newspapers!

Message 37 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for clarifying everyone!  I hope you can understand my frustration..

I would have considered a part-month payment, but I paid £16.44 (my old contract) on September 4th.  And my new contract payment is 4th October, so I assumed I had already paid my full month?

Who knows.

Will have to just wait and see next month if I get £33 like everyone is saying Crazy

If not, I am tied in for 24months with no get out, oh well.  Whistle

Message 38 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff , never make assumptions,always ask questions and draw ur own conclusions wink

Message 39 of 47

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for clarifying everyone!  I hope you can understand my frustration..

I would have considered a part-month payment, but I paid £16.44 (my old contract) on September 4th.  And my new contract payment is 4th October, so I assumed I had already paid my full month?

Who knows.

Will have to just wait and see next month if I get £33 like everyone is saying Crazy

If not, I am tied in for 24months with no get out, oh well.  Whistle

All will be well, don't worry...

Message 40 of 47