Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&G Topping Up with Credit Cards on Website

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Everytime I've tried to top up using either of my Credit Cards they are declined. Both have years of validity and work fine in shops.
I have to resort to using my Debit Card.
Is this normal inconvenience?

Martin

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pdfbt40 wrote:

Thank you for all the suggestions, but i'm only really interested in my specific questions, not alternative top up methods or work arounds. For personal reasons I only want/need to top up at home without registering cards, hence using website ONLY.
The question of quantity of SIMs and Credit Cards is similarly irrelevent as I've said - 2 SIMs, 2 CCs ALWAYS declined from first attempted website topup.

If its true, can someone confirm credit cards have to be registered to use them on the website, although there are no messages to that effect on either of the entry screens.

I would suggest you need to contact  customer services to confirm that @pdfbt40. We are all customers like yourself and can only speak from our own personal experiences

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@pdfbt40 wrote:

Thank you for all the suggestions, but i'm only really interested in my specific questions, not alternative top up methods or work arounds. For personal reasons I only want/need to top up at home without registering cards, hence using website ONLY.
The question of quantity of SIMs and Credit Cards is similarly irrelevent as I've said - 2 SIMs, 2 CCs ALWAYS declined from first attempted website topup.

If its true, can someone confirm credit cards have to be registered to use them on the website, although there are no messages to that effect on either of the entry screens.

I've never had to register a card with O2 to do a web-topup via the O2 website, @pdfbt40.

The only restriction seems to be:

• The maximum amount you can top-up your mobile with your credit/debit card is £100 every 30 days. In addition there is a £30 limit per 24 hours.

Not sure if that helps...

Message 22 of 34

pdfbt40
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But HOW on the website? Even if I was willing to do that!
Message 23 of 34

pdfbt40
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, although you are a lone (sensible) voice confirming that I have yet another issue with the O2 account interface.

Others are saying I have to register have yet to tell me how as there is as far as I can see, any mention of card registration on the web site!
Message 24 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 25 of 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

This page talks to the limits for web topup using a credit or debit card:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/topping-up

Top-up limits

• The maximum amount you can top up your mobile with your credit/debit card is £100 every 30 days
  • There's also a £30 limit per 24 hours. If you've already topped up to this level with a credit/debit card, you'll need to use one of our other methods, like E-Top Up, cash machine or vouchers
  • If you add credit using vouchers, or in your local shop using E-Top Up, you can top up a maximum of £50 at once
  • You can add credit by voucher and E-Top Up as often as you like, and there's no limit to the amount you can top up in a given period of time
Message 26 of 34

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm sure I said you need to call to register a card to your number if you're having problems topping up with it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely recall that @MI5 

Message 28 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

This page talks to the limits for web topup using a credit or debit card:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/topping-up

Top-up limits

• The maximum amount you can top up your mobile with your credit/debit card is £100 every 30 days
  • There's also a £30 limit per 24 hours. If you've already topped up to this level with a credit/debit card, you'll need to use one of our other methods, like E-Top Up, cash machine or vouchers
  • If you add credit using vouchers, or in your local shop using E-Top Up, you can top up a maximum of £50 at once
  • You can add credit by voucher and E-Top Up as often as you like, and there's no limit to the amount you can top up in a given period of time

This is just a repeat of the info in the guide I posted @pgn/ ....I know this as I produced them.

If the credit card is not being accepted then only CS can give the op the reason why. The rest is just guesswork.

And yes the cards have to be registered. (As I said in my first post)...If they are not accepting them.. then again it's CS who will give the explanation.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 34

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yep he needs to try and find a sensible adviser on 4445 and yes he will have to pay because he's not finding the specific answers to his questions here. 

Message 30 of 34