cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 3rd network problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone. Now yesterday's network problems were caused by O2 ungrading there 2g and 3G networks according to there live report. Now in 18 months there have been 3 major network problems. Also who organised the works obviously didn't do the due dilligence as if they had we would have all been informed of what was going to happen with alternative solutions at o2's cost to ensure we were not unconvinced. Quite happy to pay for the service but I am entitled to have it work when needed... It could have been an emergency for instance. So compensation shoulda ace already been agreed and forth coming from the customer advisors to avoid issues. These things become issues because we get no proper contrete info when it would be resolved which is wholly unacceptable.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgrade work my backside. I hate it when companies like this give woolly service status updates.

Are they too frightened to admit their flaky HLR systems fell over again?

It's one thing having a major outage but don't spin it with nonsense.
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
And it still isn't fixed! Grrr
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
They were doing upgrade from what I've understood but the person organising it obviously got the possible problem wrong. That's not acceptable as we pay for it so 02 should have already had contingency plans in place to ensure we were not affected and concrete answers and time frames for resolutions as well as suitable compensation levels for loss of coverage which increase by the hour by say 20% to show commitment to its customers
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not acceptable at all... All O2 custers should make a stand not just is few...we are happy to pay but we deserve proper customer care... That would wake them up
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
We need all U.K. Customers to stand behind so we speak with one voice... That I'm sure would provide much better service... But how do we organise that??
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

o2 like all the other Networks carry t&c for their service.

heres a snippet ....

"

2.2 The Service isn’t fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage is affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you’re in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage and data speeds, please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website at o2.co.uk/network. You’re entitled to the quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider, using its reasonable skill and care. We may carry out upgrades, repairs and maintenance works to our network from time to time. Sometimes technical issues or outages on our network can occur. If something goes wrong, we’ll try to fix it quickly."

Full T&C Link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love the phrase try to fix quickly... See that's a great phrase but doesn't really cut it. Either you are fixing in in a stated time frame or you are not which would then result in further compensation. The service is not free and when our bills become due we pay them... So when we want to use our service we expect them to work. As for the rest yes I know about use indoors etc etc...not an idiot you know. So expect concrete answers when we phone with all aspects...that's what good service is...I mean if you go eat in your regular restaurant and your food is un edible would you be happy paying for it or hearing excusing or that it's the weather?? We expect proper answers, proper time frames and proper rates of compensation when time frames aren't met and proper solutions to minimise disruptions.
Message 8 of 20

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Antonio,

I can completely understand that the issue was frustrating and I hope your service is back now. Sorry about that.

if anyone is still having the issues they suffered last night, send me a message and I'll see if I can help.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not good enough...there should have been contingency plans already in place. There wasn't...we all deserve decent compensation and vastly improved solutions
Message 10 of 20