Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal issues for over a month

sam1627
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been using my o2 sim for just under 2 months now and the signal coverage must be the worst in the UK. I really regret ordering an o2 pay monthly sim, I only did it so save money as I have Virgin Media broadband. I tried to cancel the contract, but the exit fee is pretty much the same price as I've got left to pay on my contract. Below is the timeline of what's happened.

28th August - Activated sim card
5th September - I report signal issues via the o2 website, I get a text they'd be in touch in 48hrs.
7th September - Text from o2 saying they're still working on the issue, update in 5 days or sooner if fixed.
12th SeptemberText from o2 saying they're still working on the issue, update in 7 days or sooner if fixed.
19th SeptemberText from o2 saying they're still working on the issue, they won't be in touch again until it is fixed. 
4th October - Work apparently got carried out by o2 to improve the area's network.
25th November - Next scheduled work to be carried out by o2 to improve area's network.

I cannot get any phone signal while in work, which is very important for me to be able to access. When I am driving around my local area and on motorways such as the M6, my signal will cut out very often, interrupting music, maps, phone calls. On my caravan site in Wales, I cannot get any signal whatsoever, which I really need to have in case of family emergencies. I was previously with Voxi on the Vodafone network and not once had any issues.  

As it has now been over a month of having issues and o2 not being able to fix it am I able to end my contract without paying any exit fees? If not I'll be heading to the ombudsman, as I'm really not happy with the service provided. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8147 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

After 14 days O2 will hold you to your contract

First have a look at these guides

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

If that does not help you can put in an Official Complaint (takes about 8 weeks) Only then will the ombudsman take your complaint on

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2