Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 proof of usage is not accurate.

KRB78
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Need proof of usage for an insurance claim but o2 have gave me a report saying I last used my phone a full week before its last usage, making my insurance claim void. 
 I’m now looking for ways to prove this, I made calls, sent photos, and messages (which they didn’t seem to log!!!). All of them would have used date as no Wi-Fi in the remote locations. 
 Since o2 are not giving accurate usage, I need to find ways to prove it. I’ve printed out photos from my mums phone with my number and the date and time, also my brothers call log. Can anyone advise on the next steps I should take?   This is a nightmare, I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone and writing emails about this. O2 seems to have really let me down 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 Dave, you have mail 😉

Message 31 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest update on this is that the insurance company have responded…. 
although they had closed my claim, the evidence is clear that o2 has serious problems so the insurance lot have asked for me to “obtain an updated usage document from o2 along with a letter to confirm their error” . This will be interesting because Dave seems to suggest that a usage report can’t be updated once it’s given, it locked in. The proof of the error is obvious though. I’ve asked my insurance company to investigate the accuracy of o2 (and other networks) usage reports. Clearly they are not reliable if they are rejecting legitimate claims like mine . Absolute disgrace. O2 have gone all quiet since my official complaint went in over two weeks ago. 

Message 32 of 39

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@KRB78 

It can take O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints so if your formal complaint was only submitted a fortnight ago, there is plenty of time for O2 to respond.

Your difficulty is that for as long as you have an open complaint on your record, no other team within O2 is likely to be able or willing to engage with you. Hence, it is now a waiting game.   

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍  

Message 33 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Aye it’s quite simple for them to do the decent thing here, and quite bloody disgraceful for them not to do it, the only possible outcome is for them to admit their usage reports are unreliable. There is a total of three phones linked to my number , but because their usage report is wrong, they say none of them were in use on the date of the data usage which is on my o2 phone bill (due to their usage report for my iPhone 15 being a full week behind the actual date I lost my phone!!!!) .  Just imagine all the people out there who were also in this position but didn’t have the time or patience to deal with this stuff. It’s clear the implications are not good for them. This ain’t going away though. I got a text from o2 a couple of days ago, trying to sell me an iPhone 15 pro max! 

Message 34 of 39

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good luck @KRB78 ! 👍

Message 35 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have not responded to my complaint and the time is almost up for them. Does anyone have any experience with the ombudsman?  Should be a pretty straightforward case, as all evidence shows their usage report to be erroneous. 

Message 36 of 39

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
Message 37 of 39

Winia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue with ID mobile. Obmusmamd said they could not block my phone because it was not being used. They offered £75 for an Iphone 15 worth £850. So unfair 

Message 38 of 39

Oxonian
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

But if your issue was with IDMobile @Winia, that is not something that we can really express a view on through this forum. 👍 

Message 39 of 39