Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 proof of usage is not accurate.

KRB78
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Need proof of usage for an insurance claim but o2 have gave me a report saying I last used my phone a full week before its last usage, making my insurance claim void. 
 I’m now looking for ways to prove this, I made calls, sent photos, and messages (which they didn’t seem to log!!!). All of them would have used date as no Wi-Fi in the remote locations. 
 Since o2 are not giving accurate usage, I need to find ways to prove it. I’ve printed out photos from my mums phone with my number and the date and time, also my brothers call log. Can anyone advise on the next steps I should take?   This is a nightmare, I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone and writing emails about this. O2 seems to have really let me down 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

Call logs of outgoing calls can be got from your MyO2.

No need for a court order at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 39

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 786 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@KRB78 If you want me to take a closer look, please drop me a PM with the mobile number used in the device 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 12 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Dave, thanks, I’ll pm you now 

Message 13 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use the Airbnb app for work. Insurance asked me last time I used the phone, I told them it was used shortly before losing it, same day I was on the phone to them. Which was 24/4.  They said the stuff I needed to do, which was mark phone as lost, on the cloud,  then get a usage report from o2, did all that and put claim in. Then insurance reply saying that my claim is void cos o2 usage says it was not used since 17/4!!!

Message 14 of 39

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

I was on about if they needed a SIM or IMEI to be included in the call logs, as the outgoing call logs don't show what device the sim was used in,  if all they need is a call log log then obviously you don't need a court order... 

But it does sound like an insurance company not wanting to pay out... what a shocker..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea but o2 are telling them the phone was not used since 17th April and I’ve told them I used it on 24/4 so the insurance have a good reason to not want to pay out... I’ve never had any reason to question a usage report before and can’t understand why it would not be accurate. I would think proving it was easy since I made the data using calls on the device and sent pictures, through WhatsApp with it… I do know from previous phone issues that to switch WhatsApp to another phone requires a code from the old phone, so that’s further proof that the phone in question can only be the phone that sent the photos and made the calls. I’ve printed out those photos I sent through what’s app to my parents phone so I am sure I have lots of proof, but it’s the usage report that my insurance need to show it was used when I say it was. So right now it’s o2 preventing my insurance claim by not having an accurate record of my use 😞

Message 16 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My o2 bill is due in a couple of days. It’s gonna be really interesting to see what usage they record between 17/4 - 24/4. Then of course I will be asking them to tell me what phone was used for this usage that they said didn’t previously exist 😤

Message 17 of 39

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@KRB78 wrote:

My o2 bill is due in a couple of days. It’s gonna be really interesting to see what usage they record between 17/4 - 24/4. Then of course I will be asking them to tell me what phone was used for this usage that they said didn’t previously exist 😤

Please keep us updated on developments @KRB78 ! 👍

Message 18 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My o2 bill is here and confirms everything I said. The data use between 17-24 is there, including the data on the day of loss ,  and then a gap as my replacement sim was coming. So o2 can’t deny my number was used to make that data usage.  

Message 19 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any advice on what to do next. To sum up. 

April 24th: I sent a photo of my paddle boarding trip through WhatsApp , then lost my iPhone 15 pro max which I used to take the photo and send it through my o2 phone number  Within 2-3 hours of the loss I had phoned o2 and requested new sim. Then I phoned my insurance and made the claim.  They asked me the last date I used the phone and I told them I had used it just before I lost it so April 24th was last usage. They told me to mark phone as lost on iCloud and request o2 usage report. I did that and sent it to my insurance.

April 26th, new sim arrived.

The next I heard from my insurance company was that my claim was rejected due to fraud  because o2 usage report stated I didn’t use my phone since April 17th. 

I call o2 and ask them to send an updated usage report, they say it still says April 17th.  I start to seek ways to prove this is not correct. I have photos printed from parents phone which I took on 24th April. 

I phone both insurance and o2 with no success, I post in this forum, then my bill arrives which shows usage in the time they say it wasn’t used…. I expect they may continue to say It must have been used on a different phone, so how to proceed now? 

Message 20 of 39